Street vtrsus set

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Total posts
Hello ladies and gentlemen!
I was just reading a discussion about how to play top pair against a flush draw postflop, it was interesting to know the opinions of the players. In turn, I want to ask my question that haunts me. Entering the game in late position against an opponent with a stack of two my on the flop I get a straight from A, on the table there is a rainbow, I have K, J, respectively, on the table A, Q, T. The opponent makes a small raise, from this I conclude that he has a pair, I call in order to get more, on the turn Q, the villain raises 1/2 of my stack, I understand that he has a set and because of anger at myself I go all-in, the river gives another Q, as I expected the opponent's hand to be K, Qo. So I’m wondering how to play my hand correctly? Raise the bet after his raise, scare the opponent away, and my call gave him a point of no return. Is there a strategy for this?
Best regards, Sergei

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Total posts
Awards
BR
I think your way was not too different of what I would do and even playing by the right way, you will not to win all. Could you have read the full house in the villain hand?