Strategy against Maniacs

W

wellalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to mix my game, I ask: Which strategy should be adopted against maniacs?

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against maniacs you have to be conservative and keep playing only when you are sure to win. Those who play with luck and chance don't survive long at a poker table.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maniacs are a gift.

I like to call them down with a pocket pair or even AK. They usually bet large to scare players into folding. Look for this and expect this.

I will watch them for a few orbits to understand their range.

Are they insane or just crazy? Are they intoxicated or they just don't know what they are doing?

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Don't feel bad if you get beaten by a maniac, he won't get far.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's like it's been said here, just wait for the right hand.

But be careful, don't label someone without being sure.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
In order to mix my game, I ask: Which strategy should be adopted against maniacs?
You turning into maniac. Beating them with their own weapon works every time.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you want to play with them as many hands as you can and call them down very wide. They have many times total random cards so mathematically you are almost always in +ev spot if you hit something. Of course you can control a bit of a variance and tighen up your calling ranges, especially if you have overall edge over players.

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just sit out until I'm transferred to another table))) :ROFLMAO:

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the best decision in this occasion yourself to become on that time a maniac, or better to become a super maniac,
because to win maniac, necessary to be a super maniac!

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The best way imho is to act like a maniac yourself so that you can appreciate the mindset. However, do it so that your sample size is significant. This is a tactic that can be utilized against some but not against others. You will go broke doing this playing cash games against a savvy table by the way...

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends on how you judge him sometimes it's better to wait and be patient and sometimes it's better to be a super maniac. Without having watched him first, it is difficult to decide how to react.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Maniacs loose just wait for the right moment.Luvk they may have also can't last forever....

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Be conservative, and be patient, it won't last long. If you get AA, surely the maniac will pay your all in. You will win in all but one, where he eliminates you, but that's the variance, in 90% of the cases you will win.

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I use the strategy of waiting for one to see the 'Flop' because it seems to me that it is the sign that they do not have a strong hand and obviously I have good cards in hand, especially a pair (threes are the destroyers of Maniacs )

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maniacs cannot lead indefinitely, sooner or later they lose their stack🙂

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play against maniac players in 9-max tables because you can wait for a good hand and beat him. But in HU and when there are only 3-4 players in the table I think it's very difficult to play against this type of player.