Is still possible to repeat that Ferguson Challenge??

T

tototexas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe not everybody knows Chris Fergurson,
He made a challange from 0 to 100.000$ in 28 months if i am not wrong.

Today is still possible to repeat it?

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
If you are part of the gang that runs a site, say FTP as CF did, then you may anytime. otherwise is impossible. :deal:

Talden

Talden

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say it is quite possible. I joined fullflush poker jan14th. I have.cashed 15 bucks out of there freerolls. I only have 4-5 months of holdem experience. If I hadn't of tried to play cash game while drinking I would still have 15 instead of 4. Lol. But lesson learned. Also if you want to try to build a BR on FF play in all the 1k pop tourneys you can. You can use 101 pop to add-on to there nightly freerolls. It really helps getting ITM. Hope this helps. See ya on the tables... Tal. P.S. he did it in 18 months. If I did it within 5 years I would Be happy.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need money to make money in this game...it would be a long hard frustrating, depressing time trying to make $1000 from zero....but if you did manage that after a fckton of hours, it would be alot easier to get to 10k from 1k than zero to 1k....obviously you would need to mange your games better the more $ you had for the BR, but it would be doable if you had the skill and rungood while taking the bad swings well and being well covered for it when it came.............and it will :D

Basically you would need to have extreme OCD to try that challenge and stick to it.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It certainly is possible but would be alot easier if you started with $100 because it can get very frustrating starting from zero. At least if you have $100 to start with you can play real money games as well as freerolls and hopefully make your balance grow

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe not everybody knows Chris Fergurson,
He made a challange from 0 to 100.000$ in 28 months if i am not wrong.

Today is still possible to repeat it?

Its definitely more easily done these days with ACR running Freebuys for all from $500-$20,000.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like it's very realistic to do if you have the available time to dedicate to playing poker. Personally, I've been able to average playing in 1-2 freerolls per day over the past 3 months. Playing exclusively on BetOnline, that's resulted in roughly $20...This pales in comparison to the value offered by the CC FRs however, hint hint ;)