Statistics

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how optimally can you play your А game without statistics? how do you do it?

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play with no statistics. You're talking about programs, such as Holdem Manager?

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUDs provide an advantage with stats like VPIP/PFR because they provide a hint as to villains' tendencies. Without these, you'll have to pay more attention in a game as to how to frequently each opponent is in a hand. It's not easy!

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I use the statistics basically to take control of my own game, the hud for the villains I use is the basic one. You have to get used to not depending so much on the statistics because in the live game there is no possibility of using it.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone's A game is relative. If you don't know a particular statistic that is relevant to the spot you're in than you may not be playing it optimally. I think when people reference their A game it's usually using all the information that they have and trying NOT to have spots where they are "missing" a relevant statistic. Whether you have a HUD and have exact stats or you're playing live and are using estimated stats it is all relative. You could also be referring to calculating bet sizing, pot odds, continuing ranges, and so forth based on pot size / outs / bet size. You should be making note of spots where you do not know what the correct decision is so that you can go back later and see if there were some statistics that could have led you to the right decision in game. That way next time you are prepared.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how optimally can you play your À game without statistics? how do you do it?

just Focus on the game, don't do anything else (no tv, no phone, no tabbing).
take notes About your opponents and their playstyle.
Focus on 1-2 tables instead of 6+

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when luck is on my side. I do not care much about odds. but good to play. I know the statistics and what percentage of luck I have to touch my cards on the flop, the turn or the river.