Starting hand guidlines in Pot-Limit Omaha

Rubycon

Rubycon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
In PLO the preflop strenght of your hand is determinated by the combination of the following attributes:

1. Connectedness
2. Suitedness.
3. Rank
4. Focus
5. Position

Since PLO primarily is a postflop game, some players tend to be somewhat sloppy while playing starting hands. This is suboptimal.
Worth noting that position is more important in PLO compared to NLHE. Generally speaking you will make most money from connectedness, that is making a straight.

Attachments

• DBA77FEF-DAA0-4517-A70B-B797935B7577.jpeg
    DBA77FEF-DAA0-4517-A70B-B797935B7577.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 2
nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I know the rules of the game, but I understand that there is another strategy and I don't want to learn it) I only play no-limit hold'em

Rubycon

Rubycon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
I know the rules of the game, but I understand that there is another strategy and I don't want to learn it) I only play no-limit hold'em

Thanks for your input. There are about four times more NLHE players. But If you go to the highest stakes - the nosebleed levels - about 80% of the games are Omaha. There are more reasons that PLO is prefered by high stakers. To name one, the pots in PLO is by average 300% higher at any given level. In tournaments NLHE of course by far is the most popular game. As we know The Main Event at W.S.O.P. is No-Limit Hold’em.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands