alan moises

alan moises

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi, I play poker for fun and whenever I'm with AA someone can beat me with a very low hand, what would be the best way to start so as not to lose my hand like AA - KK?
One climb out of every 10 6 I get hit with those hands.

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
all in pre flop is the easiest way to win with AA 🤣
But there is still a chance for the opponent to win, it has always existed and will always exist...

In a micro MTT, at the final table I was already tired and I went all in pre flop... bad luck for those who had AA at the time, it happens.
Screenshot 20230128 020730 PokerStars

When I win that way (100% luck and 0% poker) I'm really happy haha but it's rare.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I guess Poker it's not a Game of Cards only, maybe there are situation where you have to fold Aces even when you know you have the best hand.
But personnally i find it to hard to do i'd rather loose with Aces and the Hope of winning huge pot than folding it :D
I'd just lost QQ vs K7o on a Head-Up Spin and go, you can't do anything it's part of the Game :p

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I guess Poker it's not a Game of Cards only, maybe there are situation where you have to fold Aces even when you know you have the best hand.
But personnally i find it to hard to do i'd rather loose with Aces and the Hope of winning huge pot than folding it :D
I'd just lost QQ vs K7o on a Head-Up Spin and go, you can't do anything it's part of the Game :p
fully agree with you. I also think that if I start folding AA in poker, then I should stop playing poker. I'd rather lose with AA than fold them

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
If you've got AA then you have the best possible hand at that moment so play it aggressively most of the time. You don't want limpers getting on and seeing a flop!

Occasionally though, it can be very enjoyable to trap someone with AA, especially when you hit a nice flop 😉

Jardel Barros

Jardel Barros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I play poker for fun and whenever I'm with AA someone can beat me with a very low hand, what would be the best way to start so as not to lose my hand like AA - KK?
One climb out of every 10 6 I get hit with those hands.
Hello, maybe it's your selective memory. We win a lot with AA but end up remembering only the hands we lost.

Generally, in micro tournaments, I always start with a high 3bet to isolate the pot with 1 or at most 2 players.

With the flop I analyze if I'm going all-in or if I can try to extract more chips until the turn.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
how you got this hand just do All-in and let your hands go from the keyboard close your eyes and now you're already the winner 80% of the time, but sometimes you'll lose some card and say damn well, what a day and all you have only 80% to win against your hands is weaker

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bet as much as you can preflop, if unfortunately no one has bet yet, you will have to open, if luckily and for your joy someone has already bet, 3 bet, if by chance there has already been a 3 bet, 4 bet, don't fear of pulling the chips pre flop, doing that you guarantee the chips already, bet big, right!?

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
AA is the best starting hand and an 80/20 preflop favorite. I hardly never play AA slowly. Learned hard through lots of bustes and stack losses. But there are also very few situations in which I also muck AA preflop. Middlestack vs. all-in of a big stack on the bubble. On the BB if more than 2 are already alone.
Of course there are also great moments like in the picture.

Attachments

• AA_KK_QQ.png
    AA_KK_QQ.png
    751.4 KB · Views: 1
Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pocket aces in a multiway pot, there is one happiness when you receive AA and one sadness when you loose with them. :).
The rest is already said above.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
There are several ways to play it initially, but the worst option of all is to clear it in the first positions because then 2 or 3 players enter and the AA are hardly worth it. On the other hand, if you open it there is less chance of several players entering, it's really complicated. I play at low levels and every time I open, the whole table pays me and then I regret leaving them, but I know I have to.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands