starting bankroll

J

JeTess

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, what do u think about a starting bankrolls ourdays in online-poker?
Is the 50-100$ ok or u need to go for like 1k+$?

Last edited by a moderator:
thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$50-100 should be plenty to start out with. You don't want to put in too much if it's money you can't afford to lose, so I'd suggest starting small and adding on as you get more comfortable playing and hopefully winning, hope to see you at the tables!

nyjah0

nyjah0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what you want. If you're going for MTT's or SNG $20 is plenty enough if you're short budgeted. You can find $0.2 and $0.10 buy in at pokerstars if you're outside US.

If you want to play in cash games I'd like to say maybe $50 is the minimum and that is plenty already. if you're gonna play $0.01/$0.02 stake in Pokerstars that should be enough.

First, invest your bankroll to improve your Poker skills rather than building your bankroll, and if that happens I'd guarantee you a successful career.

Learn more by watching videos about poker, reading books, etc.

Good luck and don't forget to have fun! :)

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you are going to make a deposit, then it should be as much money as you do not mind losing.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, you need to determine what type of poker you intend to play and at what limits. To begin with I advise to put the amount of money you can afford to lose.

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi. That's plenty if you're going to start at the lowest limits and if things go bad you don't mind reloading. Have you decided what stakes/games you would like to play?

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know how to play poker, then with 10 dollars you can start raising money, well, if you have money and do not mind losing, you can replenish and spend 50 100 dollars and try to win more money!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What skills in poker and the material prosperity of...

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$50-100 is enough to start.
Ideal - 100 buy-ins for the cash games and 200-300 for mtt))

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
IN THE BANK A FEW K

in the poker room $120 at least sorry to say it but you're gonna lose before you win, no one is naturally amazing it takes real study and practise.

How to combat this? free money poker training.

bmw13

bmw13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
0 is enough ...you just need to know to play poker.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

You should always invest money drain what you can afford to lose and not when you do not invest the money.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This depends on your ability at the games you will be playing. Think its better to start small and establish what you are good at and address your bankroll after that. Another way to go would be to do it like Drake and start from the bottom and work your way up ie play freerolls and build your roll up then gradually move up the stakes as your bankroll grows.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with Teunit
Depends on your skill level & what your goals are.
If you are a beginner, freerolling while studying is a great way to start

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I once read a book by Scott Fischman's book, Online Ace: A World Series of Poker Champion's Guide to Mastering Internet Poker.

At the time I think it was one of the best books out there for someone new to online poker. It's outdated now and if you tried to employ those same tactics, you're not going to stick around very long. However, one piece of advice has always stuck with me relating to bankroll management and specifically your initial deposit:

How much would you spend on a date? If you're the kind of guy (or girl) who goes to Maccy D's for a burger and fries, then £15/$20 is about what you should deposit, if you're thinking of heading to the nicest restaurant in town and wouldn't think twice about paying £500/$650 for a swanky meal, that's what you should deposit.

His theory was that this sort of money, whoever you are will mean that your not playing with too little money so that you're not bothered about losing, but not so much money that you're playing scared and worrying that you won't be able to pay the mortgage at the end of the month. This is the perfect amount for you to play your game and make sound decisions at the table.

Matt_Burns88
_burnsy_

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
50-100 is fine for building in the micros.And i would choose a site that offers good bonuses to start with as it helps build your br.

FroZeeN89

FroZeeN89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books are good, but I prefer video lessons because they are more focused on online poker and has many that help control the bankroll.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better to combine video lessons and literature to properly manage and use your bankroll.

:)

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Scott Fischman...
There is a grain of truth here..)))
:pcguru:

buzzard925

buzzard925

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"$50-$100"

I disagree entirely, particularly if you are a beginner. Granted, playing as much as you're happy to lose is a fair shout, I don't know you're financial situation.

I can play 4 hours a night for almost a week on £10.00, and that's whilst still enjoying the game; that is, not putting my serious face on and causing myself excess stress. Learn the game, mix up using play money with real money and gain that natural feel and intuition for the game far cheaper than you would have otherwise.

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to play tournaments en cash games in which you feel comfortable with your bets. Just try to size bankroll according to the games you like to play. You can allways find small tourneys or cash games

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I goes with 100 dollars,i think its ok.....

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management