Starting out with $100. What would you do?

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rakeback matters
Just play at least a 20 BI bankroll strategy (so $5 max BI with a $100 roll)
play tight and aggressive and use position

4thandinches

4thandinches

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $100, I would play in the occasional $10 sit n go or freeze out tournaments. However, I would mostly play in $3 rebuys or $5 freeze outs.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $100, I would play in the occasional $10 sit n go or freeze out tournaments. However, I would mostly play in $3 rebuys or $5 freeze outs.

WRONG - PO will probably wring your neck if you do this.

I

InfamousAmos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It sounds like shes sort of starting out so I would stick to the .06 or .11 sitngoes or something...maybe the 1 dollar tourneys

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally got to make my first money deposit and it was on pokerstars for $55.
I tried to play in a Depositer 100k free roll but it would not let me enter :(
There should be a course on how to get started playing online poker ha ha ha. I would probably fail.

So I still did not play yet. I might get to play a bit tonight before bed.
It was suggested to me that I should start a section that shows my progress and that maybe it would help me with choosing my games to play in. Maybe I will do that after I play a few games ha ha ha. Now I am nervous to get started because I don't want to lose.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1 to $5 SNG's full table. Free rolls teach you to play like a donk.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally got to make my first money deposit and it was on Pokerstars for $55.
There should be a course on how to get started playing online poker ha ha ha. I would probably fail.

It was suggested to me that I should start a section that shows my progress and that maybe it would help me with choosing my games to play in. Maybe I will do that after I play a few games ha ha ha. Now I am nervous to get started because I don't want to lose.

did you use a deposit code when you deposited at PS?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally got to make my first money deposit and it was on Pokerstars for $55.

As was mentioned already, you needed to use a certain deposit code when depositing for the 1st time...If you didn't then I would suggest you email PokerStars telling them the issue and that you didn't know about the code and that you since it's your 1st time and what not (Hopefully they still issue the ticket for you)..

So what's the SN that you choose to go with btw?

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A code? Oh great now they got codes. :( No I did not use any codes. The whole signup process thingy felt like a big code to me. They should make a pamphlet on how to get started.

My name is SpewLaVie, Spew LaVie, Sp3wLaVie, Sp3wLaVi3 and now the S part of my phone book is cluttered with Spew names :D

I chickened out from playing until on Sunday when I played my first game and it was on First Depositor $500freeroll.
I have great news! I won 12th place and got $11 but then even better news was today I played the same game and this time I got 2nd and won $81. It was $21 + $60 satellite and I guess I have to play a game that costs $60 now.
I am still shaking from it!! YAHOO!!!! YAYYYYYYY!:)
Two games and I won both times in them. I hope to play it again tomorrow.

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a picture of my game.:)

Attachments

• yay 2nd.gif
    yay 2nd.gif
    64.9 KB · Views: 57
bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments are awesome but I think you should give cash games a try. I think cc is more strong when it comes to giving advice for cash games(though I don't know, I don't frequent the tournament section). You may end up liking cash games better.

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am going to try a bunch of different games to see what I like the most. I don't think I will have enough times where I will be able to play poker for more than 1 hr. at a time so I probably will not be even able to play tournaments that much.
I was thinking sit'ngoes but maybe I should try cash tables next.

4thandinches

4thandinches

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WRONG - PO will probably wring your neck if you do this.
Who is PO? And the original poster stated that they have already played a lot and have read several books. And $100 is a decent amount to start with, so why would a $3 rebuy be out of the question? And even though it is a rebuy, I would encourage the poster not to spend more than $9.30 in the process.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i was starting out with 100 dollars i would head straight for the 10nl tables with bells on

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
spewlavie lol how did you come up with a name like that?

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great start.
Learn good BRM and
good luck.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the cashes in the freerolls. Keep up the good work.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on the win, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sn btw

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
spewlavie lol how did you come up with a name like that?
I tried to use the name Snooki but it was taken. I tried to spell it different but they were taken too.
My Dad said if I choose SpewLaVie he would send me some money. So it became a very easy decision for me lol. I think I was driving him crazy because I could not think of a name at first and then I had so many names I could not decide on one of them. I thought SpewLaVie sounded dumb at first but I guess it is okay because some seem to like it.

I tried to play some cash tables but I have to say I do not like them much at all. I lost my $2 three times in only 10minutes and that was enough for me for now. Not fun.

I played some more of the Depositor freerolls and I am doing good in them and having alot of fun! I played in six of them and I won money five times. One game I won money in and I did not even play it, lol. $11

Tonight I will try playing another one.

Here's me on Pokerstars :D

Attachments

• SpLaV av.gif
    SpLaV av.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 28
bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to play some cash tables but I have to say I do not like them much at all. I lost my $2 three times in only 10minutes and that was enough for me for now. Not fun.

if you lost $6 in 10 minutes then you either have some serious leaks that probably extend into your tournament/sng game or you ran into coolers and shouldn't give up. Post the hands that you lost the most money on

CoolMike90

CoolMike90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the wins, Sometimes you cant win them all ya know ;)

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a 9th place for another $11 in the First Deposit $500freeroll yesterday but today I went out in last place :(
I have played 8 of these freerolls now and have won money 6 times. Total I have won in them so far is $118.40 and I only deposited $25 so I am pretty happy.

Attachments

• another 11.gif
    another 11.gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 12
MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's me after some rude player kept calling me a donkey.

Attachments

• SpewLa fuuu.gif
    SpewLa fuuu.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 12