Started playing PL Omaha

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just been messing around with this game. Is it just me or do you guys feel like you have do a lot more mental math than texas?
I am finding it new and interesting to change my quick mental math to subtracting odds of things like straights and flushes based on the cards in my hand that I'll have to burn.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I found that it's more of a perception of the number of starting hands available in the 4 you're given. If I'm in position I'd like to see at least 4 starting hands before I add to the pot when facing a bet/raise. For example, a hand like :as4::ah4::js4::jh4: is going to make the cut, obviously, because of it's starting ranges: dbl-prd, dbl-std... That's 4 right there! :D Something like :jc4::10c4::9d4::8d4: or :10s4::8s4::7h4::7d4: can yield some fine results as well. I will say hands like :ks4::kc4::9h4::7d4: have a certain aesthetic that looks profitable, but I wouldn't call or raise unless in the blinds because of the limited equity of just one pair and an off-suit one-gapper.
The main thing I've learned is that pot control is more favorable in Omaha, imo. They have no-limit Omaha but that's borderline insane if you're trying to make some scratch. GL man. (y)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing in position makes this game much easier.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Playing different variations of poker sure breaks up the monotony.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've just been messing around with this game. Is it just me or do you guys feel like you have do a lot more mental math than texas?
I am finding it new and interesting to change my quick mental math to subtracting odds of things like straights and flushes based on the cards in my hand that I'll have to burn.
Having the cards in your hands does allow for us to use more math to know our equities- the extra cards in the Villains hands also effect the math so we are estimating our equity based on V actions as well so it is more complicated than 2 card.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing different variations of poker sure breaks up the monotony.
Playing in position makes this game much easier.
Playing 8 game online and really like different variations of poker game. Keeps me interested and more keen

In each poker variation playing in position after the flop makes it easier to make decisions
Being in the mushy middle I like to avoid as well.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well you have twice the cards so yeah it's going to be more possibilities, I think playing and learning new games expands your horizons and can also help how you look at holdem too..