Spotting Quads

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you ever worry about another player having 4 of a kind? Most places I look, the consensus is that if your opponent has quads, while you have the 2nd nuts, you just gotta pay up and get over it. So when you are trying to put your opponent on a hand, does quads ever come into consideration, or is it something that doesn't happen often enough that you worry about it?

If so, what is some stereotypical behavior you will get if your opponent makes four of a kind, and would you ever lay down a full house to a quad hunch?

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm never folding a full house to quads when the board is only paired once. It may cross my mind when the board is showing trips, but even then im thinking i may be beat by a higher boat, but very unlikely quads.

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im trying right now but i think i cant imagine getting away from second nuts when i only lose to 4 of a kind.Maybe if i had some soulread on my oponnent who is reg and if we are deep in blinds...but in 99% situations no im not folding fh when losing only to 4 of a kind

J

jignesh_cse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally never worry about quads when the board is only paired once....

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Oops, sorry. Thought this was the Squatting Pods thread! :thrasher::elefant: