spotted squeeze play should I have called?

C

cracksniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Went deep in tourney (live) the other week down to last 70 players out of 350 and the blinds are 8-1600, I have around 15BB behind me and I am in late pos'n 2-3 callers before me and I call with A6o the button calls also (he has a massive stack) and a short stack in the BB (12ooo or so) shoves ai.
Now I recognise this as a squeeze play the players who called before me all fold, my thinking is I have an ace I may be in front of the squeezer, the button has yet to act but he only called before the squeezer shoved so he looks weak. What should have my play been and why? What range of hands would you call a potential squeezer with is A6o good enough? Thanks guys appreciate the help

E

eamesy4980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 15 bb i wouldnt have got in that situation anyway. A6o isnt best of hands with 15bbs. Id be wanting a better hand than that to be getting in on. Also with 10 -15 bbs id be wnating a hand that id happily call an all in , or id shove myself. Wouldnt be calling with A6o 15 bbs doesnt allow you to really play it. The big stack also may have called. Hes getting good odds. He has to call 11bbs and can win 29bbs thats 2 and a half to 1. Id be folding id waiting for better hand that willing to shove. Ace 6 just doesnt do it for me with 15 bbs.