Special strategies?

Cardshades

Cardshades

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you share any unique or unconventional strategies you've employed at the poker table that deviate from traditional approaches? How did these 'special strategies' work out for you, and in what situations do you find them most effective?

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
this sounds like an interesting question. I guess if there is a "special strategy" then there might be huge drawbacks. The only "special" thing that I could think of, is abusing bad players by taking advantage of their errors... But that's common sense and no deviation I guess :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If Liam Neeson played, I think his special sort of skills would be exploitive play.

If the villans fold too much to steals -he would steal, if they fold too much to cbets- he would cbet, if the villans steal too much- he would 3bet more, etc, etc, etc.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you share any unique or unconventional strategies you've employed at the poker table that deviate from traditional approaches? How did these 'special strategies' work out for you, and in what situations do you find them most effective?
Special strategies are exploit strategies---we want to know if our opponents have specific weaknesses and then attack those weaknesses--VS a player that never folds we make huge bets- If we are being called often we can open AA to 10bb for instance or we can raise an open to half our stack and shove flops that are good for us and vs several players we can just over limp all our high equity hands and then hit and make huge bets then

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My strategy is quite conservative. I just wait patiently for good, strong cards and don't play with junk :)
This is the only strategy that, in my opinion, can bring a consistently good result and not spoil the nerves :)

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen that some people used to go all in every time they get an A and doesn't matter which is the other card, sometimes they win sometimes they lose, so I don't think that's a good strategy, my personal strategy is to be patient and get all in only if I'm 80% or more sure that I have the winning hand