Sometimes its just not your night

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that this hasnt been said a million times nor that it isnt common knowlege but when one is playing this game it is important to remember sometimes you are just going to end up on the wrong side of variance and its just not going to be your night. Just wanted to recap a very recurrent issue with my perspective.

Busted the same MTT last night with AJ vs A9 and AK vs A3, for me sure its disappointing but i am also happy i was the 75% favorite in both hands. Over the long term i will be winning much more and you cant ask for much better odds preflop - thats an important aspect to look at. In fact its what the game itself is primarily about - getting your money in as good as possible.

So yeah, i lost but the tournament was cheap and i was a big favorite in both hands. Im def happy with my decisions and my plays :) it is important to realize this and when these things happen, just chill and take a break.

Hope this helps some aspiring to be better and those jist starting their journey.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I totally agree with you my friend ... I think that is the correct analysis that we should do after having a bad night in which the variance of the possibilities of many hands played has been against us ...
Nobody likes to lose ... but when you do an analysis in which our hand is the strongest pre-flop ... but by those percentages of variance you end up losing it ... I finish satisfied because my decision to play it was The correct one...