CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO PLAY POKER (AND HOW TO STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS)

E

EMMA24

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KEEP GETTING TOLD THAT IM A BAD PLAYER BUT I ACTUALLY THINK IM OK...X

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go all in when your cards are sooted. That wins every time. :laugh:

More seriously - what is your question ? In what kinds of games or situations are you allegedly bad ? Can you be a little more specific ?

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
urgh obvious troll [boring and done before]

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No she isn't, she still plays at Absolute Poker, lol

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, I like how the Mod edited the OP title!!!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, that would be me then........................
urgh obvious troll [boring and done before]
fraid not, this girl's for real.
No she isn't, she still plays at Absolute Poker, lol
fraid so, as I do. After FT got shut-down, most of my money left was in Ultimate bet, so I continue to play there, and wait for my withdrawal.

Anyway, Em, I hate to say it, as you're a lovely girl and all that, but you are quite a bad player. Im no pro, Im quite average compared to some people here, but Id like to offer you some serious advice. Take it or leave it, but I hope you'll read it, and maybe take it on board.
1) Your hand selection is quite poor preflop, you play hands like T5, K3, Q2 etc, even after a raise. Junk those hands.
2) Postflop you continue with your hands if you have even the tiniest part of the flop, even after raising from others. If people are being aggressive postflop, they normally have a hand. Not many people bluff at this level
3) You shortstack a lot, and for the minimum, 40c. You might notice I call you a lot, as I dont mind if I lose to you, as 40c wont hit me hard(thats a fault of mine, lol)
4) You play way too many hands, and way too many hands out of position. I have tracked you for 650 hands, and you voluntarily enter the pot at 68% at both 6max and 9 max, thats way too much.
I hope this can help you in some way.:ridinghor

For information, we play 9max and 6max 2nl, so if anyone else has anything to add, please do.

KD

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe the people you play against hadn't heard of (or understood) the phrase don't tap the fish tank..

There are so many "experts" in the microstakes and freerolls, it makes me wonder why they are playing at that level if they are such experts.

E

EMMA24

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Dog...I will start off by saying, when i started playing poker i wasnt really into it...i enjoy playing and dont really understand the way of play..reading what you wrote, i know what you mean and i would like to start playing better...i am a shit poker player but i just enjoy it haha...how have u tracked 650 hands ive played x

E

EMMA24

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for the caps...didnt think it would be such a problem x

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So confused right now. How do you know this girl and what hands she plays? Sorry for the troll accusation but typing in caps, having a totally vague question (which is more of a statement than a question)... and also putting a little x after everything is also a bit..

However, welcome to the forum your on the right path to getting better ;)

x

E

EMMA24

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So confused right now. How do you know this girl and what hands she plays? Sorry for the troll accusation but typing in caps, having a totally vague question (which is more of a statement than a question)... and also putting a little x after everything is also a bit..

x

It was a dig at K DOG, he says im a poor player which i know so thats why i did that...and as for the "x" at the end, im sorry but its just habbit to me haha..And thankyou x

E

EMMA24

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
said im sorry for the caps im new to this site so never knew but i do nowww. so dont worry i wont be doing it again.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plays at: Absolute Poker

Here's the best piece of poker advice you'll ever get:

Do not play at Absolute Poker

Last edited:
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ignore most of the people in this thread.

According to KD, you play too many hands. Learn first that you can fold at any time. Start slow and fold more than half the time. Successful players will fold around 80-85 percent of the time preflop.

Learn the lingo. Search this forum. We can make you a decent player. We have proof. But like anything in life, you will get out of it what you put in. Well, not quite anything in life, if you only put money into poker, without learning anything about it, you will only get grief out of it.:eek:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
said im sorry for the caps im new to this site so never knew but i do nowww. so dont worry i wont be doing it again.
I think it's okay to use CAPS at the start of sentences tho (if you want to)

have fun on the tables & listen to KDog (< good player!) as I'm sure they could help you out alot (I mean they did steer you here in the first place right?).

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely tighten up your game a smidge and something else that has proven successful for my own game is studious implementation of EGM.

Good Luck

:date:

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Dog...I will start off by saying, when i started playing poker i wasnt really into it...i enjoy playing and dont really understand the way of play..reading what you wrote, i know what you mean and i would like to start playing better...i am a shit poker player but i just enjoy it haha...how have u tracked 650 hands ive played x
I have poker software called HoldemManager which keeps records of other people at your table, as well as your own. You can get it on a free trial at http://www.holdemmanager.com

x
I met her at a table at UB/Abs and got chatting, then I told her to come here, hands tracked by HEM, as before
It was a dig at K DOG, he says im a poor player which i know so thats why i did that...and as for the "x" at the end, im sorry but its just habbit to me haha..And thankyou x
I hate saying you're a poor player, as you're a top girl, but your game could be so much better. You're in the right place if you wanna improve your game!

According to KD, you play too many hands. Learn first that you can fold at any time. Start slow and fold more than half the time. Successful players will fold around 80-85 percent of the time preflop.

Learn the lingo. Search this forum. We can make you a decent player. We have proof. But like anything in life, you will get out of it what you put in. Well, not quite anything in life, if you only put money into poker, without learning anything about it, you will only get grief out of it.:eek:
as usual, good advice from dj
I think it's okay to use CAPS at the start of sentences tho (if you want to)

have fun on the tables & listen to KDog (< good player!) as I'm sure they could help you out alot (I mean they did steer you here in the first place right?).
thanks for the nice comment PO!
Definitely tighten up your game a smidge and something else that has proven successful for my own game is studious implementation of EGM.

Good Luck

:date:

Lol, whats EGM???(Im serious)

bye Em
x

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have poker software called HoldemManager which keeps records of other people at your table, as well as your own. You can get it on a free trial at http://www.holdemmanager.com

I met her at a table at UB/Abs and got chatting, then I told her to come here, hands tracked by HEM, as before

I hate saying you're a poor player, as you're a top girl, but your game could be so much better. You're in the right place if you wanna improve your game!

as usual, good advice from dj

thanks for the nice comment PO!

Lol, whats EGM???(Im serious)

bye Em
x

Eye Glitter Management :bootyshak

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emma, read some of the threads in the link in my signature. Its as good a p[lace to start if you want to improve.
VVVVVVV

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think you're OK too :) but I would always be looking for improvement just to keep it fun .

According to KD, you play too many hands. Learn first that you can fold at any time. Start slow and fold more than half the time. Successful players will fold around 80-85 percent of the time preflop.:eek:
played home games my entire life and most of it was like she plays , I remember when I first started seeing people fold a lot of hands , I wondered what their problem was , folding was just not a option unless you had no chance at all to win . yes it was for money but it was for the fun , the camaraderie , I still call to much in limit games but that was before no limit so the money was hardly ever a part of the decision to fold lol . NLOL :(

Eye Glitter Management :bootyshak
a must for the pretty girls like her :)

Poker Tells