So I Wrote a Book

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the course of the years I have tried to teach / help / coach a few aspiring recreational players to improve their initial game plan. Well, instead of typing the same lesson plans over and over I decided to just simply write down my collective knowledge and bring forth my own personal perspectives to the game. If you take the time out of your day - I hope you enjoy the read and hope you can take something away from all I had to say.

If somehow this is against forum rules/policy - please remove the post.

https://docdro.id/W6RZAhz

For those who do take the time to read what I took the time to say - I would like to hear opinions on how it came across to you and if there was anything you could take away from it.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to follow up since the original post was kinda short and sweet. The book is not terribly long - only coming in around 33 pages and is very geared more towards the aspiring players who are just getting started or looking to improve what they already know - rather than the seasoned player who is already familiar with mental aspects and the basic math of the game.

Anyhow, I see there have been some interests in the form of "views" here so hopefully like I said some of you enjoy it and it helps as well.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Very nice, thank you for sharing your book with us. I just downloaded it and will definitely read it. At the first glance it is very nice structured. Good job!

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the kind comments so far :)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a novice poker player, but I intend to download your book. You have done a hard job!

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you. I think more or less the mental aspect and the manner in which it was written may be helpful to lots. I didn't dive super deep into tournament or cash strategy- just the basic outlines to help the basic player. I hope that players of all level can find something in it useful. It was the entire point of writing it

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for sharing! I personally really enjoyed the last page with the double pocket Aces getting cracked :)