Smart poker

M

moka32

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon, I started playing poker a short time ago, and I have seen that if you don't have a good strategy combined with a pinch of luck, nobody evolves into big winnings, so studying is the right thing to do and watch videos to see where there are the main mistakes that make many considered great players fall into.

Fcd

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good afternoon, I started playing poker a short time ago, and I have seen that if you don't have a good strategy combined with a pinch of luck, nobody evolves into big winnings, so studying is the right thing to do and watch videos to see where there are the main mistakes that make many considered great players fall into.

Fcd
I would recommend you the completely free 30-day Cardschat course, with great content, see the link below.

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Smart poker involves strategic decision-making, reading opponents, and managing risks. Focus on position, adapt your play style, and use psychology to gain an edge. Remember, patience and discipline are key in long-term success.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Fcd
Watching videos of professionals playing and learning to play on the basis of this, in my opinion, is a fundamentally wrong approach. Such training will not give you anything fundamental and will only lead to losses and disappointment. If you want to learn, you should start with the simplest of the basics of the game. Our 30-day CardsChat course is the best for this.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
100% true one has to put in some amount of study to be successful and be a winning player. How much will depend on the stakes on plays and how high one wants to try and play or reach.

With that said even 2024 one doesn't need to spend a dime on courses/books when starting out. This forum has a 30 day course take it. The internet has endless amounts of good info and knowledge and that is all you need to be a winning player at micro/low stakes.

What one should spend money on right off the bat is a HUD and I don't even care if your site allows you to use it live at the table or not doesn't matter. A HUD is a great tool when it comes to being able to study and do hand reviews. If your site allows it also helps rec/hobby players be able to multi-table more easily. I prefer Poker Tracker(PT4).

One also needs to study/work on and get decent at the following things: bankroll management, mental toughness/tilt control and patience. These 3-4 things are the keys to actually being a winner long term. If you can't get at least okish-decent at these 3-4 things......then no matter how good at poker table you are it won't matter long term. Long term you can't even be a micro/low stakes winning player with doing them 3-4 things decently. You could be the best player in the world at the tables doesn't matter if you can't manage your money, are mentally weak and have tilt issues.

Cheers!!!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Fcd
Poker is, indeed, an Art. Everyone has their own strategy: more risky or less risky. But everyone's goal is to win the tournament. Strategy in poker is the main element. Luck is secondary, as statistics and the way your opponents play are more important. Luck in poker is when you make a mistake and go all-in with a weak hand against a player (who will call any raise/all-in with an average hand) and you get a flush or straight on the river. But if you don't make mistakes and understand the way your opponents play, your luck will matter less. :geek:

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I think you should watch videos of professional players to learn more

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would ask @ScoobyEdu for help.
He has the best calculations and actions I have ever seen in any other player! haha

I would recommend you the completely free 30-day Cardschat course, with great content, see the link below.

Gritz's tip can really help you open up the path to improving at poker...

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mistakes come in lot different categories within the game. Some may not even be noticed. Many mistakes are revealed by going over hand history. For me starting out was not getting enough value and playing what thought were strong hand in early position. Running a program on my HH showed A Q being a big loser for me. Most times played from EP. Was easy fix for me change. The more knowledge you obtain, less mistakes you make.

Nothing worse than an long tournament and knowing you had a top three finish that slipped away from a brain fart!