Small Buyin

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When u enter in a Tournament with a "micro" buyin, about $0.02 or $0.10, what is the better way to play in the beggining ?

Usually players with no much experience go allin and until if u have a nice hand like AK or KK or AA u are eliminated. So is there any good strategy??

What would u do and what u usually do to take a good qualification?

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play really tight if everyone is all in all the time. Let those guys get knocked out or settle down. I play in a micro MTT every night. I see what your talking about every night.

What site are you playing micro tournaments on?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this game a good time?
I enjoy playing freerolls, but I rarely play tournaments with such micro-buy-ins.

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play really tight if everyone is all in all the time. Let those guys get knocked out or settle down. I play in a micro MTT every night. I see what your talking about every night.

What site are you playing micro tournaments on?

pokerstars :eek:

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tighten up in the beginning. Play smart and pick your spots. Let the others gamble early on. Loosen up once players start to tighten up more close to bubble.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on the more aggressive side just because I don't have much to lose and typically a lot of players enter these types of tournaments so I want to build up a reasonable sized stack early on into the game.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the micro tournaments play pretty similar to freerolls and this is a post i made about freerolls some time ago:

my best advice would be to limp alot more in the early stages as "raising for isolation" is pointless because it wont isolate anyone. If you get a big hand on your first few hands (1010+, AJ+) just shove all in because you will get callers 80% of the time. Up until average stack is about 3x starting be super aggressive with your top hands and super passive with hands like 78s and just wait till you hit the straight or flush. once theres 30-40% of the field left then you can start playing regular poker.

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try and see for yourself where it is better, 0.02 cents and 0.10. Advisors are not needed here! They play there mindlessly without strategy.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play ring games in those amounts, did not know tournaments were around in those denominations

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll agree with most of the other responses to tighten up in the early stages, but I'll add that if you find yourself at a passive table, it's usually ok to float a few flops. If you catch lucky, there's often someone around to pay you off. It can backfire, but floating 1 (tiny) bb doesn't really hurt that much.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always try to be patient and wait for strong cards. Despite the buy-in, my strategy remains unchanged.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With small buy in tournaments its mostly luck because loose players will play with bad hands and win.