Small Blind vs. Button?

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to hear from you: which hands do you defend in the small blind against the button?

Last edited by a moderator:
Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends, most importantly on how wide the button is opening, but also on factors like his raise size and stack depth.

For example, if a loose player opens BU and I have 20bb in the SB with 22, it's a shove. But if a tight player raises to 3bb on the button, and I have 40bb in the SB with 22, I'm just folding.

Generally speaking though, hands you'll usually want to play in the SB facing a BU raise include most pairs and suited broadway hands (by flatting), as well as a lot of suited aces and mid-high offsuit aces with more 3bets mixed in.

If you're unsure about your decision, I recommend folding in the small blind against a button raise, and calling in the big blind (since you get a much better price and you're closing the action).

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends how often button is opening, how often he was successful and how often he folded to 3-bet. I usually call very wide and I use floating, another time I re-raise and play c-bet. I have different ways, but what I will choose depends how precisely I observe my opponents