Small blind strategy

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a hand you would consider playing the small blind when there is a 3 bet raise in front of you? How about if there is only on limper in front of you? And last what do you do if its folded to you? Just to keep it simple lets say its the first hand dealt and everyone has the same amount of chips in front of them.

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in a tourney you should only play hands like AA KK QQ AK and AQ other than that just fold because after the flop you are in the worst possible position hands like J10 98 KQ might be ok but only after you have a feel for the table

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hands that I consider to be well developed post-flop. Of course the top of range AA, KK, QQ.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a hand you would consider playing the small blind when there is a 3 bet raise in front of you? How about if there is only on limper in front of you? And last what do you do if its folded to you? Just to keep it simple lets say its the first hand dealt and everyone has the same amount of chips in front of them.

1st hand of the tournament...
if 3 raise infront of you, you fold. If you have AA , KK , QQ you can call or raise.
if one limper infront of you you can call if you have decent cards or limp too
if all folded to you and you have decent cards you might be able to raise

all depends what hand you have. Remember first hand is always tricky. People generally raise with trash cards just so they can get more chips really quickly.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any hand I'm 3 to 1 on. Sure, even 2 7.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on whom I am playing. Do I know the players or are they new to me? If I have no info on them ill call with only premium hands.

Also depends on how many are in the POT. 3 or 4 callers I may call with any 2 with a willingness. Only 1 person may fold with medium range hands as the risk reward is not worth it.

ERICBR30

ERICBR30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA KK AK.....
any other hand I fold

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should play strong or very strong hands I think, like AA, AK, KK, QQ, JJ with these hands I would play trying to flip a monster on the flop or if there is no card higher than our pair, play very strong. Regards!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the more people call the better pot odds are to call too.

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stage of the tournament, I personally play only the hands of the monsters AA, KK, QQ and AK.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In small blind I equal as long as I have a strong or very strong hand. Otherwise, I fold. And when there is some limp and I am not very sure of my hand, I call and wait to see what the flop brings. regards

T

ty taylor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Small blind is worse position to be in but also best position to trap someone. I am very picky in this spot when it comes to my whole cards. If there is a raise I will fold most hands. Depending I will call with A10,AJ,AQ. Reraise with AK. I like suited connectors in this spot even there is a raise. Depending on chip stack of course. I would call raises with pairs 10 and under and reraise with Js or higher. If it is folded to you and its just the BB. I would recommend trapping with big hands, calling with medium hands and folding garbage. If you just call the blind the BB seems to become more aggressive knowing they only need to make one person fold to win the pot.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the best players in the world still lose money from the SB, unless you got a great read or a great hand best to just fold to raises.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most of the time I will fold. If it gets to me with no raise I might call with suited connectors to see the flop. If a premium hand I will raise.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limp in, flop the nuts! Get's 'em every time- they never see it coming!

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Small blind I call an opening bet. I need a hand to call a raise.