Small Ball Strategy with Daniel Negreanu

SirHockeyPuck

SirHockeyPuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a pretty good strategy, but i would only use it when i'm high in chips in the middle of the tourney. Wouldnt use this at the start of the game unless the tourney is deep stacks.

N

noskillz77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That is just begining strategy imo , daniel negrenu as probably plenty and plenty of other stuff in his bag he's not really willing to give for a video on training poker.

stevencool1

stevencool1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the strategy. I like dan. I have used it lately and doubled up my bank roll.

N

noskillz77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the guy in the video that daniel is teaching ,looks like a retarded guy when he talks , his mouth goes to the side into a rictus that makes him look silly. The texts are also prepared before the video thats official lol , but still , it is a nice video to learn.

M

micahhoy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone seems to love the vids, but I prefer to learn on my own by playing and losing. :)

S

squallbora

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just begining strategy imo , daniel negrenu as probably plenty and plenty of other stuff in his bag he's not really willing to give for a video on training

chelooo

chelooo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, i love daniel negreanu he is such a good playerr :D i love the way he plays poker and i remember seeing a video about him where he guessed 2 cardss in a row XD that video was awesomee he is a veryy good poker playerr and this videos with him are really helpfull thanks a buchh ;) but it's better learning from videos than winning and lossingg XD lol

H

holdem3210

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Daniel Negreanu...

Great player in tournament although he seems kinda different style when it comes to high stakes poker and cash games. When it comes to strategy and over coming small competition he has no problem but cash games just seem otherwise the fact....

I

islandtime2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I to wonder about the big 5 hands. If you are supposed to play these no different then the others to truely be playing "small ball" poker then they lose value since you will now likely have more then one caller more often then not. I guess if I felt I had become too predictable to the table this would be good to switch to temporaraly.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have enough experience using small ball; which really hinges on how well you can read your opponent. Stu Ungar was really good using this approach; his reads enabled him to push his opponent off of weaker hands and when he was beat he lost the minimum.

I'll stick to the TAG approach until I get more experience. There were some good tips on stealing the pot, which is a major leak for me right now.

R

Reducto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have enough experience using small ball; which really hinges on how well you can read your opponent. Stu Ungar was really good using this approach; his reads enabled him to push his opponent off of weaker hands and when he was beat he lost the minimum.

I'll stick to the TAG approach until I get more experience. There were some good tips on stealing the pot, which is a major leak for me right now.
The strategy as laid out in those videos just gets you started in the hands. You need to be able to follow it up with good reads - knowing what cards they have and how they would react to various actions. Otherwise, you're just throwing money away on crap hands. You also have to feel good about giving up chips in exchange for winning more back later. The good thing about TAG is it gives you a lot of time at the tables to watch the action and slowly add bits to your game.

xxxgandhi666

xxxgandhi666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
loved those videos found the like 1 month agao but it realy toke my game like daniel sas to a next level

my game was always play like crazy that way people think ur very bad and they call u more easy.

that video gaveme the extras of my game i didnt know and it was very easy for me to go with the smallball

good tip for all player. but my tip is try it in freeroll cause it wont cost u like i had cost me 75$ to work it out lol. poker is a learning game and i figger much thing out cause of that video