Slowroll, Slowplay, Play Slow and Stall

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So in a recent thread about "Should there be a penalty for slowroll" i noticed that a lot of players don't know what slowroll is. So i decided to make a thread and try to explain it.
According to Urban Dictionary Slowroll is "Teasing your opponent by not showing the Winning hand until the opponent thinks he has won"
So if you flop quads, and your opponent goes al in, and then you sit for three minutes acting like its a struggle - it's a Slowroll.
If you raise preflop with 88, get two callers, and you check call the bet on the flop, its a Slowplay
If you have short stack and you use all of your time in tournament when bubble is close, hoping to see other players eliminated so you get ITM - then you're Stalling
But when you taking your time to think about hand and decision to make - you just playing slowly.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think i messed up the slowplay part, u raise with 88, flop 668, an you check call
:eek:
Well i aint no professor of poker. I aint no professor of anything franckly.

Last edited:
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Everyone has the right to play as he wants, and everyone has the right to use their timebank.
Good luck.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
Everyone has the right to play as he wants, and everyone has the right to use their timebank.
Good luck.
Well sure. However there are different reasons for people to use their time. So in one situation you would be a deep thinker, in another you would be a douchebag.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowroll en el póquer es cuestionar a tus oponentes haciéndoles creer que vas a buscar tablas o que no obtuviste nada y en realidad estás ocultando una buena mano, pero el slowroll es desestabilizar a tus oponentes para que jueguen inclinados. inclinarse y cometer errores o salir de la gira con un sabor amargo si no es una recompra o a menos que esté jugando en una mesa de efectivo del banco de tiempo.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you write everywhere in english, but for this thread you decided to write in what is this language, spanish? Why?
Slowroll en el póquer es cuestionar a tus oponentes haciéndoles creer que vas a buscar tablas o que no obtuviste nada y en realidad estás ocultando una buena mano, pero el slowroll es desestabilizar a tus oponentes para que jueguen inclinados. inclinarse y cometer errores o salir de la gira con un sabor amargo si no es una recompra o a menos que esté jugando en una mesa de efectivo del banco de tiempo.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you use all of your time in tournament when bubble is close, hoping to see other players eliminated so you get ITM

I don't see anything criminal about it..especially in live tournaments

GL!!!

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see anything criminal about it..especially in live tournaments

GL!!!

Well sure, but when bubble is close some tournaments enter hand to hand play so it really is pointless.

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well sure, but when bubble is close some tournaments enter hand to hand play so it really is pointless.

This is the only time stalling annoys me - when short stacks are trying to make the bubble and don't seem to understand what hand for hand is. That said, if they don't understand hand for hand, they're probably a good opponent to be playing against :)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Play only in hyper games and then you no longer have the problem of time!