Slowplaying aces

vivaldo

vivaldo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the worst feeling when you finally get AA,but everyone folds to your 2bet or 3bet. Allmost allways with aces I just call bb and wait for action. If flop is not scary and no one is betting,I just check and keep slowplaying. Of course,in the end I bet for value,if no one else does.
Is it okey to do this,or how else I should play with aces?

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time I slow play aces I lose.I don't know why this happens with me.It's better go all in pre flop.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yes, sometimes I am wondering if people can see my cards :D It was happen to me when I am BB , have AA and everyone fold :eek:

And actually, slow play with AA is very danger. You do not need couple people in hand and even if you just limp with one guy it can be danger.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You definitely do not want to be slpow playing AA into a 4 or 5 way pot.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Much it depends on how is your game, if you play passive and all pair of aces in the most likely throw all your cards. if you play aggressive, you get value for Aces.
My personal opinion is that all in pre flop play, run less risk of getting the bankrupt.:):)

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet pre flop every time. If they fold it's fine. When they don't it pays a lot most of the time.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Slow play was painful for me many times, so I play AA all in.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

with a balloon to the moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
against thinking or tight opponents it can be profitable to slowplay aces once in a while. on micro stakes i prefer always to raise or reraise with them because players call with a lot of weak hands and the chances i get outdrawn is more big, especially in multiway pots.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This shouldn't be the standard play with aces... You invite too many weaker hands to see a cheap flop and get lucky... In multiway pots you will find your aces cracked far too often.
Preflop raises would probably make at least some of these weaker players fold their hands and help you win more often with aces.

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's frustrating getting no action with AA over and over but in general in the long run you will make more money by not slow playing.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also end up losing when I try to get action. So I never slow play aces.

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, this depends on the tournament stage, how big blinds are and how many players will go on in this hand. When I am on UTG positions, I usually call and wait for some action if the table is not too tight

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost never play aces slow .. just almost always seems like a recipe for disaster ... I have only done so and won the hand a couple of times .. just makes more sense to me to playem fast ...

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the worst feeling when you finally get AA,but everyone folds to your 2bet or 3bet. Allmost allways with aces I just call bb and wait for action. If flop is not scary and no one is betting,I just check and keep slowplaying. Of course,in the end I bet for value,if no one else does.

This is a bad idea because basically you are letting your opponents see all five cards. So two pair and everything better than that beats you.

I mean who is calling your value bet on the river? Someone with top pair on the board? Are they confident in their kicker?

One of the reasons to raise preflop is to narrow the field - and hopefully isolate your opponent so that you are headsup. When headsup you can bet for value on the river. But again - who is calling that but maybe someone who beats you.

Be happy to take it down with a 2 or 3-bet. It's always better than losing the hand.

Good luck !

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes really bad feeling when everyone throws, but this is poker! An aggressive strategy with the correct Ace pairs, slow play gives our opponent a chance. I definitely advise you to stay with the original strategy, Ace pair is no guarantee of profit!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The deeper the stacks the less you want to slow play your aces.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am convinced that with pocket aces, you should play aggressively, and otherwise you may be bitterly disappointed. :)

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I slow played it, and it got me to a full house. Done 3BB before flop, got 3rd ace there, position allowed me to see how others are acting, so I just called. Turn got me to full house, again, just called. River brought up 3rd hearts and when someone moved all in, I just called. Person with all in had highest hearts flush.
Majority of time I want to see a flop.
What's the reason to move all in pre flop, if you think, that you can lose to two pair or three of a kind? On a nine people table there is a good chance that someone will call your all in (depending on the size) and you could still lose, and even worse- also finish the game.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With pocket AA, I try not to slowplay. In most cases, I play aggressively. A pair of aces is good only preflop, the situation on the flop can change.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is almost never a good idea to slowplay aces preflop. Postflop is more situational, and there can be times, where a slowplay can be fine, especially if you flopped top set on a dry board. Look at it this way: When people fold, you win the pot, which is never a bad thing. And if they fold to much, then just start bluffing them more. Poker is a long term game its not about one individual hand.

G

Gentlemen204

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
slapped Aces

Dont you hate it when your aces get slapped by trips or 2 pair? i mean damn this happen like 4 times in a row lmao!

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's only OK if you know how to fold AA's, I always raise pre flop and if my AA's gets cracked at least it wont be my fault.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would slow play if I was playing overly aggressive opponents. You should be playing hands by the table dynamics. If the table is tight you should play very aggressive preflop unless you’ve already played AA that way and showed. If you’ve already 3,4 or 5 bet AA you should consider slowing down to conceal your hand strength. You’ll always find situations to slow play or play aggressive. You’ll also have time when you get unlucky. Just play +EV poker and you’ll find the spots to do so.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp if there are people after you that are hyper aggro and are looking to steal with a pre-flop raise and flop bet. Their ranges are wide, so you can trap them. Ideally you a get a few limpers, he squeezes, a couple of limpers call, you either shove or re-raise.

If nobody raises treat it as a set mining hand and check it down if you whiff.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
slowplaying aces is never good for me....never am I checking flop and turn with aces....no more just no more.....usually just 4-bet or jam all in post LOL so many bad beats with aces