Slowplaying

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like use slow play.But there are situations then you should switch from slow for agressive.Becouse could be bad bit from opp with dro.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing can increase your stack significantly if You have monster.

K

Kaosrp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely use this play, just when I have the nuts and I know that my opponent will calls me. Most of times you can have a bad beat when your opponent make a straight with that river card or something like this. It's terrible!

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes playing slow play can distroy your sttong hand on reaver..
It always depend on cards on board if ypu have a set and board is flush or straight draw for somebody then it could be dangerous playing slow that hand

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if you sure you got the absolute nuts but you can still do min raise to disguise as week hand.

S

Sadalmelik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowplay = "I hate money"

you can't change your destiny on pokerstars, so if you re winner you hate money, if you are looser like I am, that you have optimal strategy , because you will use more time than you would by simply all in, and by that, you will loose less :)

tocloc238

tocloc238

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live, if I know I am way ahead against an aggressive player who continuation bets 100% of the time and bets every time he is checked to, I will just let him build up the pot for me.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i lost whenever i slowplayed

Greg Austin

Greg Austin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love having the ability to slow play. Freeroll poker is aggressive most of the time i dont need to slow play but when you know you got em its always nice to slow play.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing requires aggressive players and a very powerful hand. Usually slow players are just cheating themselves from getting the value their cards deserve. Slow playing AA or KK etc. should not be done late in MTTs!!!! Slow playing pre-flop is actually almost always a bad idea, heads up on the flop is ideal.

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it really depends on the player itself if they want to play it in a slow pace then might as well respect them its their choice. Maybe they are really thinking of a good move.

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I really love slow play( mostly with a set on the board like this A K 7 and pocket 77). But against some types of opponents this strategy doesn't work and you should just bet and raise.

swiur

swiur

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like slow play when i have good hand, i can earn more chips

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to slow play the turn, but mostly raise on the river.

B

baxre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From time to time I like slow play. Its really ev+ :)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slowplaying only in the initial stages of the tournament, late or cache lose money always repurchased my NuTz.

Aalexandar

Aalexandar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slowplaying's gonna get the best of you more often than not because you're essentially letting your opponent draw free or very cheap cards that could possibly improve his hand. I guess it works if you're holding near the nuts and not something silly like TPTK or low set with pocket pairs on a wet flop.

Roadie

Roadie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to slow play but it seems half the time I get taken down by runner runner. On the other side I bet my cards and win a small pot.