Slow playing a Royal flush

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

OK, I am not that good but I thought this was quite a good trap.

See what you think: any good?

I CHECKED when I got the royal flush just to see if I could drag it to the river...

1. The reason I just called with J10s pre-flop was because it was not a premium hand but it was only 2 big blinds to see the flop. Worst position on the table as well because SB folded.
  2. I saw the flush draw (and potential royal) so I C-betted half the pot. 2 people left and one called it.
  3. I see the card that makes Royal flush on the turn :eek:... all I did was check because I wanted to make myself appear weak. I will rarely ever check if I have a good hand on the turn unless I know I have the nuts.
  4. He immediately sees weakness and goes in with almost half pot... he has a flush potential while already having QQ from the flop (obviously I don't know this yet!) I want this to get to the river to ensure he has the best hand possible!
  5. The river is perfect. It makes his flush with almost the best possible card: 9.
  6. He sees my half pot bet on the river and then he shoves all-in.

If I had have shoved all-in on the river he may have assumed I had either the 10 or J. I guess he may also have assumed I had a low club as well but hey...

I am certain there are flaws in my play but I am still learning.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks good to me. I'm not sure why he was playing short but that usually indicates a weaker player.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have played this hand good, low bet with a potential to grow huge pot, if you have bet more, maybe you lose him in this way you are giving some sign that you have something or you are pretending to have, nice job.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If someone played that hand real bad, it was your opponent. He's definitely not an experienced player. He should've realized that his pair wasn't enough as early as the flop. Then he fell in the trap when you showed weakness and shoving with just a 9s says it all. I think I would've played it the way you did.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, this is well played. Slow playing the stone cold nuts allowing your opponent a chance a chance to catch up and blow off his entire stack is the ideal result.

Well done and congratulations!

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand was incredible. I never had a royal flush.It's my dream.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice ... and I have to agree with others ... well played ... you have to extract value from it and when it is that obvious what COULD be out there that is usually difficult ... and amazing hand would love to have that problem : )

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks good to me. I'm not sure why he was playing short but that usually indicates a weaker player.

I don't think he was too strong. The club going down on the river really sealed the deal because I was hoping he would either play it to convinvce me he had a flush or that his flush was better.

You have played this hand good, low bet with a potential to grow huge pot, if you have bet more, maybe you lose him in this way you are giving some sign that you have something or you are pretending to have, nice job.

Thanks. It did work out well.

If someone played that hand real bad, it was your opponent. He's definitely not an experienced player. He should've realized that his pair wasn't enough as early as the flop. Then he fell in the trap when you showed weakness and shoving with just a 9s says it all. I think I would've played it the way you did.

Yes I think he should have seen that I could have had either a pair of kings or aces by the turn. I think as soon as he saw he had a flush by the river he just automatically presumed he had the nuts.

Yes, this is well played. Slow playing the stone cold nuts allowing your opponent a chance a chance to catch up and blow off his entire stack is the ideal result.

Well done and congratulations!

This hand was incredible. I never had a royal flush.It's my dream.

Surprisingly I have had another in the past few weeks. I was multi-tabling and somehow it got overlooked. I think I automatically assumed I had Ace high flush but when I looked back on PT4 I suddenly spotted it and thought, wow I need to pay attention more!

Very nice ... and I have to agree with others ... well played ... you have to extract value from it and when it is that obvious what COULD be out there that is usually difficult ... and amazing hand would love to have that problem : )

Thanks. Looks like I did the right thing then.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got a Royal flush I had once. but I didn't play it because all the players had discarded their cards. that's why I remember this event.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUEiLMGSoNo

OK, I am not that good but I thought this was quite a good trap.

See what you think: any good?

I CHECKED when I got the royal flush just to see if I could drag it to the river...
  1. The reason I just called with J10s pre-flop was because it was not a premium hand but it was only 2 big blinds to see the flop. Worst position on the table as well because SB folded.
  2. I saw the flush draw (and potential royal) so I C-betted half the pot. 2 people left and one called it.
  3. I see the card that makes Royal flush on the turn :eek:... all I did was check because I wanted to make myself appear weak. I will rarely ever check if I have a good hand on the turn unless I know I have the nuts.
  4. He immediately sees weakness and goes in with almost half pot... he has a flush potential while already having QQ from the flop (obviously I don't know this yet!) I want this to get to the river to ensure he has the best hand possible!
  5. The river is perfect. It makes his flush with almost the best possible card: 9.
  6. He sees my half pot bet on the river and then he shoves all-in.
If I had have shoved all-in on the river he may have assumed I had either the 10 or J. I guess he may also have assumed I had a low club as well but hey...

I am certain there are flaws in my play but I am still learning.

played well, trying to bring more villains into the pot, it would be better to check and see the reactions of the villains, but this is well played, congratulations on the hand !!
and peace be with you !!

:stupido3::D

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on asian local site, you'll get $2500 if you hit royal flush as a jackpot... you have to slow play until showdown...

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a Royal flush I had once. but I didn't play it because all the players had discarded their cards. that's why I remember this event.

Ugh... reminds me of flopping quad aces. I got next to nothing from it because my opponent just wouldn't bite.

Full Flush Poker