Slow Play

M

Marvl56

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys i have a question when is the perfect time for slowplay in the Game?

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have the nuts and it would be either difficult or impossible for someone to knock you off them is the first time. This can allow people to bluff or think their second or third best hand is best. They may start betting aggressively to start scaring people off the hand.

The other time is when I want information about the player or their hand. I have played people and needed to see if they could switch up their styles or I may not know what hand they have when I have a decent but not best hand.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only when you have nuts and never again.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can slowplay big hands on dry boards, but the wetter and more draw heavy a board is, the faster you should play your hand.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is a perfect time, maybe a perfect opponent, see who are the most aggressive players and give preference

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of things which bring the result which isn't good for slow play.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow play can be used when you have the nuts.
Sometimes it can be used when you are close to the bubble, short stack and hit a strong hand, after entering the prize pool, shove.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hello.
Welcome to our community.
I think the ideal conditions are when you are familiar with the style of play of your opponents.
Good luck.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to say. Sometimes I use this version of the game, but the result is not always good.

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Slow play is dangerous in hands like AA KK QQ because any small pair wants to see and can connect set, trips, or cards with no apparent value that would be folded if there are bets they will be able to achieve a straight or a flush.

However, sometimes I am forced to play slow play because in that specific table it is difficult to fill the pot...

I don't really like slow play.

M

Marvl56

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Okey thanks for your help thats very interesting :)

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you flop 4 of a kinds and the chances of being outdrawn are very slim. At micro stakes I highly recommend not to slow play hands. Donks and fish will pay you regardless so make them pay as much as possible.

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have a set, and there is no possibility for a flush or a straight, or if you have a full house

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is a perfect time, maybe a perfect opponent, see who are the most aggressive players and give preference

I think you hit it right on the head, don't look at the situation, look at your opponents' tendencies, if they're going to lead into you. That said, usually flopped monsters (like Quads) are likely only going to get you one street of value post-flop against most good players. But, of course, there will be that spewy player who will bluff into you, which is great for you.

I had a situation today on ACR where an opponent, with position on me, I think because of my own aggressive play (was playing PLO, not Hold'em), was 3 betting me a fair bit (I think I had about 40-50 hands against this specific opponent). I wasn't really slow playing against them, but I did come across a situation that was the perfect storm to do it (I had just won a decent sized pot an orbit or two earlier and I think they might have been steaming a bit).

Anyhow, I was UTG and raised pot (3.5x), and, as expected villain 3 bets pot (12bbs). Everyone else folded, and I called. This hand heads-up against someone 3 betting a fair bit plays well, even out of position. If the flop hits me hard, I can get his entire stack. If I whiff, I check-fold.

Flop was such that it smashed my range REALLY hard. So, I wanted to take advantage of his aggressiveness, so I decide to slow play here. I checked, and as expected, they potted the full 25.5bbs. I decide to play the hand fast, as there is a flush draw on board AND re-draws for higher straights, and they VERY well could have AAxx with the nut flush draw, as people in PLO will play their flush draws SUPER fast. I shoved for his last 60bb effective, and he folded. I won a 72bb pot.

He left the table about 2-3 hands later (maybe was steaming, I don't know, but it was nice to pick him off).

But this is where you gauge your opponent and what they are capable of and use their aggressiveness against them. Conversely, you can do the opposite and use someone's passiveness against them too.

When you flop 4 of a kinds and the chances of being outdrawn are very slim. At micro stakes I highly recommend not to slow play hands. Donks and fish will pay you regardless so make them pay as much as possible.

Yes, there will be some players that are just never going to fold even 1 pair on a board, no matter the board texture.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When my cards are nut or almost nut. That's the moment for slow play to grow stack and give some chances to opponents for them to get some good cards but not better than mine to induce them to raise.

P

putski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to slow play at times..
then they bet rite into your hand and snap go's the trap!

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I have a question about when is the perfect time to play slow motion in the game.

I think the perfect time to play the chips is to reach the bubble, I think it's the right time to get more chips

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Creo que le pegaste directamente en la cabeza, no mires la situación, mira las tendencias de tus oponentes, si van a dirigirte hacia ti. Dicho esto, es probable que los monstruos en el flop (como los Quads) solo te den una calle de valor después del flop contra la mayoría de los buenos jugadores. Pero, por supuesto, habrá ese jugador arrogante que te engañará, lo cual es genial para ti.

Tuve una situación hoy en ACR en la que un oponente, con una posición en mí, creo que debido a mi propio juego agresivo (estaba jugando PLO, no Hold'em), estaba apostando un 3 bastante (creo que tenía alrededor de 40- 50 manos contra este oponente específico). No fui realmente lento jugando contra ellos, pero me encontré con una situación que fue la tormenta perfecta para hacerlo (acababa de ganar un bote de tamaño decente una órbita o dos antes y creo que podrían haber estado un poco alborotados) .

De todos modos, yo era UTG y subí el bote (3.5x) y, como era de esperar, el villano 3 apuesta el bote (12bbs). Todos los demás se retiraron y llamé. Esta mano mano a mano contra alguien 3 que apuesta un poco juega bien, incluso fuera de posición. Si el flop me golpea fuerte, puedo conseguir su stack completo. Si huelo, me doblo.

The flop was such that it broke my range REALLY hard. So, I wanted to take advantage of his aggressiveness, so I decide to play slow here. I checked and as expected they got the full 25.5bbs in. I decide to play the hand fast, as there is a flush project on the table AND re-projects for higher ladders, and they VERY well might have AAxx with the nut flush project, as people at PLO will play their SUPER flush projects Quick. I pushed for his last 60bb cash, and he folded. I won a 72bb pot.

Left the table about 2-3 hands later (maybe it was steaming, I don't know, but it was nice to remove).

But this is where you measure your opponent and what they are capable of and use their aggression against him.On the contrary, you can do the opposite and use someone's passivity against them as well.

Yes, there will be some players who will never fold even a couple on a board, regardless of the board's texture.

jajajjjajaja, your answer is very fine, and it is true that sometimes we have to play the aggressiveness of our villain we must take advantage of it whenever we have our hand controlled

L

lineallegacy888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a vacuum when you block more of their calling range = more inclined to slow play
When your hand requires less protection = more inclined to slow play

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good to slow play when you have a hand way ahead of your range, when you're playing someone really aggressive or when you think your opponent has nothing,