Slow Play

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any benefits of slow playing? Many players do it to keep other players in the pot, when they have what they think is a winning hand and to increase the size of the pot.
This can work for you or against you. Post flop there are now three card which could improve and their hands. If there are checks all round the turn and river gives the remaining players more chances to improve. You could also argue that the two additional cards could improve your own hand. Pot odds can be useful here. The only way I would slow play was if I had the nuts after the flop

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any benefits of slow playing? Many players do it to keep other players in the pot, when they have what they think is a winning hand and to increase the size of the pot.
This can work for you or against you. Post flop there are now three card which could improve their hands. If there are checks all round the turn and river gives the remaining players more chances to improve. You could also argue that the two additional cards could improve your own hand. pot odds can be useful here. The only way I would slow play was if I had the nuts after the flop.

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow play only with quads :p or flush nuts.. its bad idea slow play with any other cards

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is such a game in which it is not possible to understand whether it is good or bad. Today, such tactics can bring a positive result, but tomorrow is no longer. And for this personally, I play such situations in different ways.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slowplay is a good tactic against aggressive players. They put money in your pocket. It's important not to scare them off.

V

volare85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like slow play online I know some player use it for purpose but it will be better for all juste play normal....

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Overall, you should slow play against aggressive players and even then only do it when you believe you have a damn good hand. In most situations though, slowplay isn't the answer and you should play normally. Usually only pros can slowplay extremely well.

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love slow playing, but I used to far too often when I played when I was younger. These days I'm keener to make people to see cards when I have a hand, but will throw in the odd slow play.

I wouldn't necessarily need the nuts to slow play - If the board does not look too threatening, and I'm playing somebody who doesn't put hands down easily, I will often try it.

I think it's good to mix it up, too.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
slow play is one of my favorite play styles. it is true that you give the opportunity to your opponents to improve their games. but on the other hand it allows you to manage the size of the pot and minimize your losses. especially when your opponent has a set on the flop or other game much better than yours. more when you play more slowly. your opponents have trouble analyzing you and locating your hand. they also have less desire to try to bluff you.