Slam down that Hammer

M

Mcash2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you ever show your show your hands besides at showdown? Does live or online make a difference? Why or why don't you give a peek?

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I never show on-line, I just leave the settings on auto-muck, just seems easier that way. Live if I have a tight table image I show bluffs, sometimes you can play tight for hours and hours, show one or two bluffs and people start immediately calling you down. Plus it really does tilt a lot of people when they know they folded the best hand.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I show big hands like AA KK QQ occasionally so I can get away with stealing if I get the chance other times.

:D

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't usually like to show my hands, of couse, because i don't want my opponents to have a read on me. But in some cases i like to do it propositally, when i want toi create an image to my opponents, for example:
You were on the BTN holding K2o, and you just c-bet light on the flop and the vilain folds, then you show your cards just for have him thinking he could have called you with his underpair, and in a next ocasion you could cbet that same vilain on the flop, but this time with a strong hand so he would call cause he had that read from that later hand.
So it goes around all over your intentions, but almost all profesionals recommend not to show your cards to avoid reads as the game goes on.
But if you like to show your hand and think it's worth for you or it makes you feel nice, so do it haha