Sizing perfect

D

devsa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players are making bet sizing mistakes and loosing money in the long run do not sizing chip based on the strength of your hand don't bet bigger when you have a big cards with the hope of extracting more value that is not the most profitable play in long term
Almost players stick with a fixed sizing on pre flop not good the most important your sizing are your range and board texture on dry board play small bet with your right choice if your hand good and board is wet or in favour raise stepby step .with river take advantage of your opponents, so always plan or calculate your bet sizing.kick off weaker players by using proper bet sizing

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very true that sometimes they have no control over betting

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree with some of this post. I dont think it is a bad thing to use one pre flop raise size for all hands. It will disguise your hands and opponents will not know what hands you are playing except for the HUD stats that they would have on you. I also disagree on the post flop betting size as this should not only be villain dependent but also factor in other things such as strength of hand, board texture, how balanced you want to be, and how strong you think your opponents hand is. I dont see a reason why you should not be betting bigger when your hand is strong if you think your opponent is a call station. Also I dont see anything wrong with checking with a weak or mediocre hand but with some show down value if your opponent is a call station. Using that, against stations players we are strictly using bet sizing based on the strength of our hand and how it fares relative to their hand strength.

Against different opponents it could be the opposite as if an opponent is weaker post flop and folds a lot. Against them the stronger hand I have relative to them I will bet less since I want them to call and the weaker hand I have I will bet bigger assuming I am not putting them on a monster or something given the situation they would never fold.

I also will throw out there that I usually bet about the same size on the flop for a balance play. I will bet my bluffs and my monsters about the same size as to hide the strength of my hand so in that respect I agree with you but it is the turn and river that will be where I will deviate more on the sizing based on the factors I mentioned above.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most of it depends on the players your playing against, lower steaks there is no reason to even bother trying to be balanced. Players at lower limits typically haven't clue and are simply playing there cards.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An enemy is excited especially and, as far as it isn't also a reason, even if the bet size is made big in vain, It just fold.

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players are making bet sizing mistakes and loosing money in the long run do not sizing chip based on the strength of your hand don't bet bigger when you have a big cards with the hope of extracting more value that is not the most profitable play in long term
Almost players stick with a fixed sizing on pre flop not good the most important your sizing are your range and board texture on dry board play small bet with your right choice if your hand good and board is wet or in favour raise stepby step .with river take advantage of your opponents, so always plan or calculate your bet sizing.kick off weaker players by using proper bet sizing
Thank you

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion primary objective of post-flop sizing is to control the size of the pot in relation to our stack. If we are willing to go to showdown with our hand by river then we can size in such a way that we put all our chips in the middle by river. Which means if we are deeper we size bigger and if we are shallow then we can size smaller.