size on the squeeze

L

Leo1145

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello guys , i was wodern today what size you guys use in bb when squeezing 100bb , 40bb and 25bb . so i normally use 10-12bb squeeze when 100bb but i dont know what size to use while still using a polarized range

thanks glglgl

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me, there are a lot of factors that depend on the players and whether I'm in position or not. Are the players tight-aggressive? loose? Inexperienced? A tight player might could be made to fold by raising 4-5x their bet if I'm in position, more if I'm out of position. A loose player could take a bigger bet to get them to fold. Is your stack big enough to apply pressure to the player without hurting you? The players' stack size is another factor. If either of the players is short, I'm reluctant to squeeze with a marginal hand (because they might go all-in which could put me in a predicament), unless I've got them covered and/or it is near the bubble in a tournament. Regarding my stack size, it would be dangerous to squeeze with a 40bb stack. I wouldn't attempt it with a 25bb stack; that's all-in territory.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me, there are a lot of factors that depend on the players and whether I'm in position or not. Are the players tight-aggressive? loose? Inexperienced? A tight player might could be made to fold by raising 4-5x their bet if I'm in position, more if I'm out of position. A loose player could take a bigger bet to get them to fold. Is your stack big enough to apply pressure to the player without hurting you? The players' stack size is another factor. If either of the players is short, I'm reluctant to squeeze with a marginal hand (because they might go all-in which could put me in a predicament), unless I've got them covered and/or it is near the bubble in a tournament. Regarding my stack size, it would be dangerous to squeeze with a 40bb stack. I wouldn't attempt it with a 25bb stack; that's all-in territory.

Said it pretty much how I would have, but I also want to add that some player types one shouldn't ever really try squeezing like this. Some players just won't fold - ever. Conversely, others always seem to have only the best hands. I think choosing to squeeze or bluff players depends more on player tendencies and play style than chips and stacks, but of course it is a combination of both.

Generally speaking though, a bet raised x4 gets them to fold with a solid frequency. If they bet 250 chips, then squeezing by making it 1000 chips to go is "standard." Again, everyone is different though. Probably x3 to x4 is the range I see most often employed though.