“Silent” strategy

Y

Yuliakivna

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play pretending I have weak hand. And someone at the table always rise up and up, because he wants to win fast. I never rise. I wait someone to do it for me. It takes more time and patience but I never throw away coins. And yes, I loose some possibilities that’s fine. How many players of this style are here?:joyman:

What is your favourite playing strategy?

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have tried both ways. It seems when I try to play by waiting for the other guy to raise when I have what I feel is a good hand that they end up hooking a card or 2 at the end that beats me. If I had raised them I might have pushed they out and won myself.

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are doing that in live poker, more experienced players will pick your signals and act based on that, be careful not to be too exaggerated, and mix it up so people can't use your behavior against you.

Y

Yuliakivna

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be careful until you have the best possible combination on the table.
It’s bad to go all in in the flop or turn if you don’t have a full house or higher hand.
My lesson learned about patience today:
Holdem, 4 cards on the table, I have street and my opponent has 2 pairs. He goes all in and I call.
On the 5th card (river) he gets full house.
So, it’s strange to say. But I should have folded.
If you are planning big money, it’s better to be wise and patient and loose opportunities rather then loose big money.:jd4:

Y

Yuliakivna

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are doing that in live poker
Thanks for the recommendation! I will use it after pandemic ones live poker is back:) in the online world I believe it works fine. Isn’t it?

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the recommendation! I will use it after pandemic ones live poker is back:) in the online world I believe it works fine. Isn’t it?

The thing about slowplaying is that sometimes you get your opponent a chance to beat you. This kind of slowplay also depends on position.
For example, if you are in small blind, it is technically the worst position, but since you are first to speak, if you check, and there are 3 people left to act after you, you are now in the "best" relative position, you'll get to see who raises, who calls, and who folds, etc.
If your opponents don't show strength, then you can go and bet, because you might have good enough fold equity from them, and steal the pot right away.
Definitely mix aggression with slowplay, that way you are not predictable. As long as you have a read on your opponent, and this strategy is working out for you, I'd say you can keep going.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I preferably like to remain silent because I am focused on winning the tournament.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't recommend you the play style which is its state in the long run.

How many times did you enter a final table?

And the war record?

cris1964

cris1964

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play pretending I have weak hand. And someone at the table always rise up and up, because he wants to win fast. I never rise. I wait someone to do it for me. It takes more time and patience but I never throw away coins. And yes, I loose some possibilities that’s fine. How many players of this style are here?:joyman:

What is your favourite playing strategy?

maybe it is good but the variance does its job and throws you out of the game and it is frustrating but I am still a supporter if you have a strong hand fight for the pot and do not wait for others to give it to you