Show the hand or not?

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show, unless i want to establish an image in the table.... or i want to tilt the one i bad beat. :)

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not show hand. I rather fold then show my cards.

L

lvlalaciuca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
show cards

I do not show my cards.
I show them only when I want to piss on anyone when winning bluff works.
I know that after you play badly

D V

D V

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't show my hands, no point in it for me.
Some people like to show good hands so they can attempt a bluff later on,
but I find people doing so to be pretty obvious in their bluffing behaviour (betting on the turn while it's just a dead card that can hardly contribute to a hand).

Up to you what you prefer, handing out information/setting a table image vs. being that guy who can't really be read.

Greetz.
D V.

BBr3

BBr3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluff

I dont do it much but it is intended to set up a bluff at another time.

Exactly this.
Bluff in a specific pattern - show. Then use the same pattern when you have a good hand and are pretty sure he has a hand, but only a "decent" one.
Basically you can fool people into thinking you're bluffing and putting their chips in when you bet in a specific pattern/way. Only problem is calculating how much you think you can get out of them.

Or you just want to piss people of when you bluff them with nothing, which I actually prefer, otherwise I end up wondering if I got bluffed, and how much of a bluff was it.

T

TargetLion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, information is knowledge, your apponent will use this knowledge contra you.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When does it make sense to show the hand and what would be the reason to do so? When is it better to not show the hands? I usually never show my cards even though I won.. I dont want my opponents know my playing behavier.

Like everything else, it depends. If it gets folded around to me in the BB, I always hit the "Rabbits" button since it makes no difference. If a lot of players are showing, then I'll show in cases where it makes no difference, like if you put in a big 3! and everyone drops, then show the pocket aces or kings, they won't be surprised by that, and you reveal nothing. Or you flopped a Full or Quads, again, they won't be the least bit surprised you had that. That way, you look like a sport to the other players, and good public relations are a part of the game.

Other times, I might show if I've been running card dead, haven't played a hand in six orbits, I just might go ahead and show after I finally raise it out of the #1 hole with (7,2-o) to keep 'em guessing. (Although it's better if you flop something like (K,2,7) and stack a Big Slick.) That can, however, look like you're conning them, and they may not be conned. Depends on how astute they are.

There are other times where I will never, ever show. One reg was a definite Level-2 thinker, and I triple barrel bluffed him several times with nothing. No way in hell I'd ever show and clue him in. I never show a big lay-down. If I have to muck the underfull, no way in hell am I letting them know. That's a very bad habit, and when Mr. Fish shows he had me beat after I drop that nut flush after his river shove when the board paired on the end just confirms the accuracy if my read on his play.

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if u plan to bluff if bluffing is part of your game, it makes sense to sometimes show a winning hand, coz they are going to trust you more that u got it, when u dont have the nuts and u are bluffing, and of course u should sometimes also show the bluff, make them know u can do that 2, keep`em always guessing, when u are with some1 in a hand, they should be scared, coz they never know what to expect from u :D

Stocky373

Stocky373

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show cards if everyone folds...if they want to look on my cards...they must pay for it :D

anthony729

anthony729

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards ever... but i do chat alot about possibilities of what might be in my hand .. and believe it or not i like to think ppl then get frustrated and call to see that i have and that bothers them even more .. then bye bye they go when the time is right ..

Naitras

Naitras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe show then you got a really good hand, to show that you not bluffing :)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you got a nice combination of cards, why not show other players. Sometimes the mood or the friend. Sometimes this is done, which would then make a bluff

garfield89

garfield89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is no, if you want to see the map shall pay then let him see, there is nothing for nothing. . . so far I have indicated, I would advise others

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It deppends what kind of poker i play how many opponents what is stage of tournament many factors..Sometimes i show them when i feel the moment for that. U can give yourself some advanteg. Thats what i think n do. Cheers:smile:

M

MEJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing a hand sets up an image. Either to set up a future bluff or to set up a loose image so you can get value in the future. Either way, should be done with a specific purpose in mind.

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never show your hand - this is that tactic that can help you to earn much money

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to show )))

in my opinion to show hands after you have won is not correct, because it is like you laughing under your opponents)))):angel:

Bladepengeee

Bladepengeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show your hands i think, but when u won with bluff then maybe u can show because when u will have good hand next time then other will call nore times.

fletch92

fletch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hand cause i like to think that sometimes my opponents get mad cause they were scared to call me and after that they will probably make more mistakes...

G

Gazorpazorpfield

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hands unless the table I'm playing at is incredibly soft,
just to aggravate loose players when I make them fold a winning hand with a crappy one or something.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never essentially show their hand, of course if you have that right.

S

Snakester420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When in doubt, never show...

Early in a SNG if you want to establish a tight table image, showing the nuts helps you to pull off bluffs later on. But never show a bluff when blinds are huge, they will call more bluffs when you are bluffing more. If you are not sure, just muck the cards.

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree with tim although i don't show monsters i only show my hand if it gets folded round to me and i have absolute garbage in my hand to try and make the button put in a bet with a rubbish hand against me on a later round

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands