Should I spend my FT points on books?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A book that cost 9100 points (a common price) hits your MGR for $36.40 BUT that's only a rb hit of $9.82. You can't by a lot of those books for that cheap.
So be sure to buy them in a month where you're not playing poker, so you don't have to take the rakeback hit. I bought "The Poker Mindset" recently.

Attachments

• lolMGR.jpg
    lolMGR.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 34
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So be sure to buy them in a month where you're not playing poker, so you don't have to take the rakeback hit. I bought "The Poker Mindset" recently.
It will carry over. The only way to avoid ever paying the hit is to never play on FTP again. Didn't really think a lot of that book btw. You?

B

_BadaBing_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books are less important to me than just learning with the experience of seeing different hands and how they are played out. Your ultimate goal is to make money - use it to enter tournies.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will carry over. The only way to avoid ever paying the hit is to never play on FTP again. Didn't really think a lot of that book btw. You?

Last year I got bored of playing poker and cashed out all of my poker points at FT. I thought I was smart. This year when I started playing again I didn't get rakeback for the first month ($200ish). I realized that I started in a huge hole because my rakeback account was negative $200.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Idk, I haven't got it yet. And yeah, I'm not really planning on play at FTP for a while.