Should I make a deposit?

Steve2777

Steve2777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i think he should start playing freerolls first and then if he gets better he can make a deposit , but first stick to the freerolls.

9betterluck9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming he is from your country and he can play anywhere he chooses to, I would have him download a few sites. Let him play in freerolls on each site to maybe start a bankroll. After a little while he should have a preference for one site or another based on looks and "feel" alone. At that point, if he feels up to it, he can make a deposit. I would also suggest having him watch you play a game or two. While he watches, maybe you could ask him what he would be doing in certain situations. That way you can make a teaching moment out of it if he really needs it to potentially save him some money down the line.

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls

Freerolls , no play money ( play money players have no brain - all in all the time ) Also you can deposit and play micro sit &go and tournaments. If you are on pokerstars you must subscribe on Pokerschool , they have all you - him need for free . have fun ....

B

Bayern2015

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes... When i am thinking about deposit i made it and i played little turnaments for little buy in...

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still have my initial deposit. I deposited a huge chunk to start off my bankroll though.

Best way to learn though is with real money. Play money is a waste of time unless you have never played Hold'em before.

Real money > Freerolls > Play money.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he is complete begginer than he should make deposit and play stakes from beggining... in donk fest freerolls he wont learn much

P

PAYtheLEGEND

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no man save your money. learn the game more, and then when u feel comfortable that your a cash winning player then make a deposit.

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A small deposit usually gives some bonuses that will help in building a bankroll. I agree that he wont learn much at most of the freerolls, but he'll learn more about how the game is played and he'll learn patience wich is important if he wants to be able to succeed.

If he can afford a small deposit it's helpful really.

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let makes a deposit and playing freerolls. Some rooms offer deposit tickets. This is a great start for a newbie.

C

cogath

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd go for free rolls first. If you are able to sign up with a site giving away a free bankroll then go for that next. The play money is just good for complete beginners. After some practice at free rolls and studying BRM then make a small deposit. Once you have some of your own money at stake it'll feel more real.

Z_T

Z_T

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he makes a deposit have him stick to free rolls and the micros. I'd go as far to say play with the play money if he's still learning the fundamentals of the game.

jayyy27

jayyy27

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you make a deposit you will be playing against more skilled players. Not to say there are not donks still but the level of the game improves as you move away from freerolls.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you make a deposit you will be playing against more skilled players. Not to say there are not donks still but the level of the game improves as you move away from freerolls.

Yeah the range of skill level at the .02/.04 ($4 NL) on Carbon is amazing.

You have the "droolers" and then you have people that usually play 50 & 100 NL + that would occasionally hop on a 4 NL table to either warm up or get more volume in.

Take plenty of notes and use the notes to exploit certain players.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting it right is half the battle. Sitting down to play with poor health means agreeing in advance to defeat. Non-optimal decisions, constant emotional outbursts, inclinations - and these are not all the side effects of grinding in a bad mood. Do you need it?
Better: rest, sleep, eat ice cream with caramel - it doesn't matter, but think better and only then embark on the path of poker battles.

Make a deposit with a smile on your face!

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, you will have to make a deposit so that you can withdraw it in the future. When making a deposit for the first time, there are many different bonuses, promotional codes from various sites. :deal:

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can practice the basics in freerolls, but serious play requires some deposit and yes, if you win and want to withdraw money first you still have to deposit anyway.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like some already said, playing freerolls at first might be the smart move. At first you think oh, this is easy, I know the basic rules and with a little bit of luck, make some money. But most likely you end up losing your BR faster than you could imagine. You might think at first that poker is more about luck, but the more you play you understand that while luck is a big part, skill and knowledge is a much bigger one. Play freerolls for a while and after you feel comfortable, start with a 30$ deposit and play micro. Hope this helps

HolePairs

HolePairs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think you should tell him that bankroll management is the key factor. I think its ok to make a deposit to use to learn the game and get a feel for real money play. Just teach him that he has to play within his means and never risk more than 10% of his bankroll on any buyin

U

Uaiti

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can not play serious poker for 2dollar or 5 dollar, between 8dollar and 14 dollar is the best you can play

*no runners and believers
*better pricemoney