Should I leave table when I double or triple up my stack?

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your strategy. Sometimes I make from 2$ -> 4-5$ very quickly or more. But from my experience if I stay at the table a little bit longer this can result with 0 on the end. What is ur opinion.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you lose the stack after it has increased by 2-3 times, it is likely that you already play on emotions and are confident that you will have good pocket cards - but it is not. In this case, I suggest you close the poker room for a while, until you realize that the game can continue.
I myself have is often the case, and does not always work to leave the game and therefore I lose your entire stack. I think with the experience all it has to go through.

Last edited:
S

Steve_StudAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leave. It is only a matter of time your nut flush is going down to a boat and your chips with it. I stacked a guy yesterday that way. I was begging for a club to hit the river so he could make his flush I put him on. He snap called all his dollars. Nothing wrong with his call I suppose, but you can get so committed to a draw that when it hits you don't see what the other guy may have. We all make that mistake I believe. So leave, bank your winning and go to another table and do it again.

C

CardDead711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are a couple thoughts...My 2cents anyways...
1. If you are a constant winner at that table, why not stay and win some more? Why are you afraid of losing? Did you win because you are better than the players at the table, or are you just getting lucky?
2. When you play live you can't just get up with your double up and then sit back down. I guess you could, but it would be looked down upon and some type of repercussion might be expected if you made it a habit. Maybe a rule against it live? Maybe someone could chime in with the correct answer here.

Just some thoughts...Good luck.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you won it risking too much. You can loose it very fast then.

F

FlushWithFlavor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are a couple thoughts...My 2cents anyways...
1. If you are a constant winner at that table, why not stay and win some more? Why are you afraid of losing? Did you win because you are better than the players at the table, or are you just getting lucky?
2. When you play live you can't just get up with your double up and then sit back down. I guess you could, but it would be looked down upon and some type of repercussion might be expected if you made it a habit. Maybe a rule against it live? Maybe someone could chime in with the correct answer here.

Just some thoughts...Good luck.

typically in a live game, when you get up you must sit back down with the same chips you left with unless you wait a certain amnt of time, typically 1hr or more.

for example: you play a 1-2 NLH game and buy-in for $100. You quickly stack up chips and walk away with $250... now you want to come back to the same table, if you havent waited long enough you will be required to recommit the full $250, but if you wait the required time you can sit at that table again for $100 if you choose.

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another option would be to leave the table with a profit and go to another table and start over with $2. This way you can't lose it all and you can play "hungry" instead of trying to protect your chips.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it really depends on the table and the players. CardDead711 has hit the right note. If you are getting really lucky, you might want to consider crystallizing your profit, but if you are playing well, and the other players are exploitable, you might want to consider riding it out for a while. Sometimes, you can also keep playing, but set a limit on your downside, so let's say you started with 1.50 and have got it to 5.00. You might want to keep playing, but if you drop back to 3.50, leave with what you made, because you may have hit a downswing. there are always other tables, and sometimes going back to the original buy-in can start to build again. the same principle applies to losing at tables. Don't be afraid to leave a table that seems to be against you.

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think moving tables regular when playing on line is not such a bad idea it stops players getting too familiar with your playing style, if you double or treble your starting stack that is certainly a good time to move, start on another table with your original stack if you still want to play, same may be said if on a losing streak set yourself a losing limit and stick to it, that also may help if you have a tend to tilt

M

MikeyE8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like to leave at $5 in 2nl and then I join another table and repeat the process. You can also just keep playing until you are tired bored or playing unprofitably, but I just like to use my strategy.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on your consistency over big sample of hands.
if you got 300bb/100 hands you might just get lucky, so this = if you are loosing or 0 player it will not differ, will you lose the $$$ now or leave the table with 3-4$ and lose the profit of 2$ on another table(aother session).
All SSS-BSS strategies suggest you leave the table after you took 2-x BI, this is smart, but as I said before it should be consistancy over short time proffit.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea i def know what you mean.
To me personally its all on the knowledge you might have of the players at the table.
If your saying you double or triple it quick you may not have enough but I learned that when I double what I brought in its usually a good idea to walk away up then to have lost it all.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have seen some guys remaining on the table and buiding their stack more and more ,usually on 6 max . If you feel insecure about this and you don't have good results when you have accumulated more money on the table , you can't protect your blinds , then leave after you have 2.5 your stack .
I don't have a lot of experience in normal tables , but in zoom kind I think happens the same , after you double your stack you feel more pressure . But if you 'll be able to absorbe one more stack 100bb , then things are a lot more easier for play game , I think it's a matter of experience .

mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
leave.. then come back later.. I have learned the hard way

R

rick rosamond

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you tripled up because you got lucky or ran hot then leave; if it is because you are the most skilled player at the table stay. If you dont know why then see answer one. Also if you start to change your game when you have a big stack leave

glenn6971

glenn6971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I base on play by the other players or if I am in a game for a time limit. Lots of different factors affect when I leave.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, sometimes it is as well... I don't know also how to be...
If only to go immediately to another table

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're bad with BRM, and prone to chase losses if you lose your gains (I'm guilty of both), then yes, you probably should take whatever small win, and leave the table. At least you're up and have increased your bankroll a smidge, and can claim a small boost of confidence afterwards.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are the best player at the table Stay.
If you feel uncomfortable and dont play your best when playing deep then Leave

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you have your little bench, I recommend you leave the table.