Should Ak fold in free-plop

vanmin2152x

vanmin2152x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
You hold Ak at utg raise 2.5, the person sitting right behind you 3 bet 8.0, bigblinds 4 bet 25bb. So how many opportunities are there for Ak to be able to call. It is possible to call but it is not certain that the MP has stopped, they can allin. So, according to you, fold is right or wrong

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You hold Ak at utg raise 2.5, the person sitting right behind you 3 bet 8.0, bigblinds 4 bet 25bb. So how many opportunities are there for Ak to be able to call. It is possible to call but it is not certain that the MP has stopped, they can allin. So, according to you, fold is right or wrong
It depends. When the whole table has gone nuts, I will fold AK as there is a good chance that they have A or K so you are less likely to hit. In the situation with two raising opponents, it depends how deep stacked I am, if the 2.5 was a significant portion of my stack then you are forced to call, otherwise folding is the safe move.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Depends on your opponents really. Do you have any insight into how they play? What their 3 and 4 bet ranges are?
Knowing nothing about those opponents I'd consider how big my stack is, but most of the time I'm folding in such situations. Most of the time such hands result in all ins, usually quite soon and I'm just not comfortable going all in with a hand like AK.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In a freeroll with AK, I play 100% of the time, only if it's not in front of the prizes.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t like AK cards at all, I constantly lose with them, because even the trivial 22 beats them.

1mba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
at the final table - fold with such cards is madness

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in HU you can call,cause you have blocker,you don't need worry with MP only with UTG.try to make HU,but if you can not,see the VL are TIGHT or LOSE
if you're deepstack can considerate the fold

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Fold about 99% of the time.

You are UTG and they should know that your range is strong. The first 3-bet from UTG+1 is usually VERY strong in itself. If another player 4-bets against two very strong ranges he has an ultra-premium hand (probably at worst AK or QQ) and you are not closing the action either.

The 1% is some crazy freeroll.

P S

If the 25bb was all-in it becomes more of a call if you and UTG+1 aren't much deeper - but if it was a non-all-in 4-bet it is a super-hyper strong move from almost all player types.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
BB squeezing 25bb is a very very strong move. You're either jamming or folding here. And once in a while you are going to see KK and AA.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i think you may push your hand and look what hapend

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is a real tricky spot for AK. I must ask, though, is the AK suited? What is your stack size in comparison to the other players involved? What is the limit you are playing?
Since I don't know any of this a fold seems to be in order, according to the info given.
CALL IF:
a) you have your opponents covered in chips and you are certain they might be a little tilty.

b) you have such a small stack and you're limping for more players to get involved so you can shove all-in.

c) you feel like gambling.

Good luck. :)(y)

Folding in Poker