Short Stack

SRNegras

SRNegras

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternon people. I watched a lecture this week in which the author said that when you are under 10BB the ideal is that you go only to All-in. It made me wonder if it's really just an all-in situation. I would like to know from you: For you, how many BBs do you have to stay short stack and bet only on the All-in? Hugs!

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have miss out 3 tournaments payments with this so if your on the bubble and your covered with 10 bb dont go for this strategy. for me it didnt workt on bubbles.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good rule of thumb that you should generally move all-in or fold with 10bb or less (no ante) and 15bb or less (with an ante). The reason is that the starting pot is so large compared to your stack that it's vital to maximize the chance that everybody folds. Also, any small raise comes close to committing you to the pot anyway!

You're completely, however, that these guidelines aren't absolute. Here are a few exceptions:

** You open-limp a weak hand in the small blind against a very weak-passive opponent with 10bb.

** With an ante, you min-raise K3o on the button for 14bb against passive blinds.

** With an 8bb stack, you min-raise AA in late position in a freeroll against maniacs left to act.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually go all-in when my stack is below 10bb and it all depends on the proximity to the prizes. If I’m very close to the prizes and my stack can survive without playing then I don’t risk it. If you are far from the prizes and the more your stack is and is close to 10bb, then you need to use all-in.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's right 10 BB is played through a push fold there is no point in playing it differently.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have miss out 3 tournaments payments with this so if your on the bubble and your covered with 10 bb dont go for this strategy. for me it didnt workt on bubbles.

Thank U 4 Posting

Losing on the bubble after we shove is going to happen. For us to feel it did not work means we are only focusing on 2 out of the 3 possible outcomes when we shove.

Before we decide to open shove 10bb stacks on the bubble of any tournament we have to be thinking about our table dynamics.
We always start with when we shove what is the most likely response by villains on our table?
If we have 10bb UTG 9 handed and the players left to act all have 40bb or more we will get called very often. So we still need to shove only our top hands 99+ AQ+ as the ICM considerations are foremost here.

As the table dynamics change so does our shoving on the bubble hand range.

Hope this helps
:):)

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, most of the time is best to go all in with a GOOD hand to try to 1)steal blinds or 2) heads up all in vs someone or 2 players at the most.

The only rare time you would want to do the other options which is limp in or raise a bit to get more callers is when you know or believe you will hit the best hand by the flop, turn and river so that you can get like a quadruple up, triple up or most chips possible.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's of such situation....

There are other factors which should be minded.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally always open all in w less than 10bb. Only exception is when I call on the bb or if I have pocket aces and don't want to scare anyone from the pot. It's usually not a good idea to just open 2bb, since more often than not the flop won't hit your hand and you will find yourself in a delicate situation if u face a bet.