Seven Deuce Off

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At a 6-max cash table is it plus EV to open 72o from Small Blind vs a Nit Big Blind with VPIP:13 PFR:11?

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question.

It's probably profitable to open any two cards against this oppponent, although you'd ideally want to know how he handled the big blind specifically with stats like BB fold to steal.

Also if you're playing with him a lot, there's a chance he'll adjust if he realizes you're auto-opening. For that reason, it may make sense to fold the bottom 15% or so unless you think he doesn't adjust and always needs a hand to play (which is definitely possible with a 13% VPIP in 6max).

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
72o is a non profitable hand, you can use it in your bluff range, you need to make a range of value and bluff, try to adjust it to play well, but you can't play a lot of hand in a roll, or you will be catch, in the SB we have a wide range, against a good player you will get more action, he can try to defend the blind or just make a trap, be careful, the best advice we can give, are to fold this hand, because you need to make a lot of considerations to play this range, anyway in tournament some players in this position will shove almost all their range, included 72o, but in cashgame it will be more complicated, as long run you can loose a lot.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would certainly consider it. If this is a person that does not protect his blind and there are no other players in the pot, I would feel good about stealing here.

If I had already done this a few times in a row, I might consider letting it go once in a while just to make my opponent not get too used to my steals and feel more comfortable playing back at me.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`d rather let it go with 72o, ofc it good to steal blinds from such tight players, but you need to balance your range and 72o never should be in it

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. It is profitable to play blinds against NIT on any two cards. It would be a good idea to know his "fold on continued bet" indicator to try to knock out the villain on the flop with this continued bet if he suddenly calls.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can use 72o even at the BTN. Never at the CO...Even if they never fold, 72o still can be profitable open raise. I even call 72o sometime :D. Vs SB min raise. This are a two cards, you know, pretty bad ones, but still if they are enough factors to play any hand, you can play even with 72o. Some of my default ranges is 76% and 100%. This means, if I open raise with J5o , I almost always will have 72o as well. And if I call with J5o. J5o is pretty strong compared to 72o, but this is not important in reality. No time for such a perfect calculations. If I see value to play ATC, well, I play with 72o as well.

I once played at micro limits, "free coaching sessions". For my friend. And he said "You play pretty loose, you open raise often with such a bad hands, like 72o. A really don't like that, you don't play seriously or you are just a fish". But I am a nit. "Pure" nit. That's the reality. And I fail to explain to this guy. Why I MUST do that. For 4-5 years...

Last edited:
Y

youngun9927

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree

Good question.

It's probably profitable to open any two cards against this oppponent, although you'd ideally want to know how he handled the big blind specifically with stats like BB fold to steal.

Also if you're playing with him a lot, there's a chance he'll adjust if he realizes you're auto-opening. For that reason, it may make sense to fold the bottom 15% or so unless you think he doesn't adjust and always needs a hand to play (which is definitely possible with a 13% VPIP in 6max).

i agree it def a profitable but just know some people in that spot will call u 3 out f 10 times and now u putting ur self in a tuff spot and u lose lot of the time