Setting up hand Range

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

So what you guys think of playing only 15 to 18 % range? Is this to tight? Can this be a step in right direction?

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This could be a good range to play in a lot of spots like when you're first in from MP1 (3rd to act at a full 9-handed table). But you would want to adjust the range depending on your position, what others had done before you, and other factors.

For example, 18% would be much too tight to play first-in from the button. It would also be much too loose to play from late position facing a raise and two reraises.

Try to think a little more dynamically about ranges you'll play and keeping them flexible based on these factors, and you'll do well :)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the pokerstars network the opportunity to see your hand statistics. So I noticed that I play on tables with 9 players from 10% to 12% of hands in tournaments. I fold the rest and do not look at the flop with them. And I think this is a normal % of the cards used. With a larger percentage, there is an unnecessary loss of chips.

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the PokerStars network the opportunity to see your hand statistics. So I noticed that I play on tables with 9 players from 10% to 12% of hands in tournaments. I fold the rest and do not look at the flop with them. And I think this is a normal % of the cards used. With a larger percentage, there is an unnecessary loss of chips.
So how you doing with playing 12% or around?

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This could be a good range to play in a lot of spots like when you're first in from MP1 (3rd to act at a full 9-handed table). But you would want to adjust the range depending on your position, what others had done before you, and other factors.

For example, 18% would be much too tight to play first-in from the button. It would also be much too loose to play from late position facing a raise and two reraises.

Try to think a little more dynamically about ranges you'll play and keeping them flexible based on these factors, and you'll do well :)
Yes you are correct, well I tried this first time in cash game yesterday. 10nl and there was a player with 100% range he open or limp 2-3o + but was so lucky he won most pots but what I was asking in general will I have a huge edge with this tight range? Any stack size recommended for this if you know. Thanks

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands