set mining

K

Kikentai84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it worth to call a re raise pre flop with a low pocket pair to try hit a set?

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends, how many to 1 are you getting?

K

Kikentai84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as i know it will flop set arround 1 out 0f 8 times...wich in some casesyou oppenent gets nothing an wont pay you of or in some case when they hit big, you have them for all there chips....so y the exact math will be a long one XD.....just looking for some quick advice actually

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It depends if your are getting 20implied against a tight player or 15implied if you are against a loose player.

The only time we can call against the implied odds is if we are last to act, but we still need to have the correct pot odds to call.

Say for example we are in the start of the tourney and we are in MP1 with 1,500 and we have 66 and UTG who is tight min raises to 40. We need only need 800 to make a profitble call.

Now I will put 2 situations down, 1st we are CO with 55 and it is folded to us, we OR, BTN and the SB fold and the BB shoves, now we can ignore the implied odds and look at just the pot odds, if we are getting 2-1 we can call. 2nd we are in the CO with 55 and its folded to us, so we OR and the this time both the BTN and SB calls, then the BB shoves. Now we can't ignore the implied odds, if we are not getting the 20/15implied, then its a fold. I hope that helps.

Remember set-mining only works if we have a deep stack.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are short stack, it's not worth but if you are deep stacked it's a good strategy but it also depends in which position you are.