The secrets of a great bluff

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! I would like for anyone who wants to share here the things they have in mind when making a successful bluff. I do not bluff a lot, except when I'm pretty sure they're going to fold. But I know it's a very important skill to learn

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in order to be able to bluff, you need to understand the ranges of players well, to understand in which boards and with which cards you can make a quality bluff that will be profitable in the current game situation.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To perform a bluff, you need to create a good reputation at the poker table. If you have created a reputation for tight player, the opponents will play with you carefully. Most likely, they will throw their cards on your bluff, if you do it right. The essence is to play the hands in the same manner as its previous winning hand.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The secret of a good bluff is to take the opportunity to deceive your rivals. For example, in a dry table without possible projects, it is the ideal opportunity to bluff.
But for the bluff to be successful, it is important to know the opponent in front of you.
Because if he is an aggressive player who plays weak hands, and even plays any two cards, it will be more difficult to deceive this type of rivals than a tight player who does not like to take risks.
That is, the more information you have about players at a table, the more likely it is that your bluff will be successful in a timely situation.
On the other hand, bluffs should be done in isolation, not repeatedly, because if you do it very often you will create a player image that wants to bluff constantly. And that's not good for you, because your rivals will use that information against you.
Greetings.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be able to spot weakness in an opponent to go for a quick grab of a pot. Sometimes, I'll be min betting the flop at the microstakes and getting folds - I'm certainly getting the right price to go for this type of steal. You also have to not be afraid to bluff turn and river after the flop - it looks incredibly strong and the opponent may find it hard to call anything which is not close to the nuts.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BLUFF is one of the important skills in the game. I use it rarely, because in practice it did not bring me profit :(

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff rarely and know I need to learn to be more effective at the poker table. Good question.

Ш

Шахрухбек

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is one of the main things in poker. You can win huge pots with bluff.
Firstly, for succesfully bluff you have to learn opponent which you want to bluff. It doesn't matter which 2 cards you have, its important which 2 cards has you opponent.

K

Kaban

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is good but not everyone knows how to do the steps correctly :p

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play a bluff. He did not always succeed, but somewhere in the 60% bring success. I have a lot to learn here. The poker game where you have the patience and concentration, and the bluff gives me a little bit of adrenaline and relaxation.

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The secret of a successful bluff and games in general - is unpredictable!

M

Master Bedroom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not so sure if it's about how you do it, as much as when, and if it's mathematically correct to do so.

It's not like as if you're going to put chips out differently on a bluff than if you have the hand you're representing.

There are going to be different situations that will require you to handle chips/act in various ways, but that will be more about your most recent actions, and habits, more so than whether you have the hand or not.

Bluffing is telling a story. You have to get them to believe what you're saying, whether you speak or not.