Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

After a years break I'm back :D

Getting back into the grind of online poker. Want to kick it off by starting an online MTT course. Would love to hear some reviews and recommendations. Was looking at the Pokercode first, but it seems rather elementary, so I'd probably go for RYE (Expert) or Nick Petrangelos first tournament course.

Thoughts?

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokercode

Hey, I have all three products and just stumbled upon this forum entry and want to share my thoughts:

1. RYE
Contra: is extremely boring to watch, I can imagine only very few members even finish the course because you have so much content, a lot of hot air spoken and only powerpoints to go through which is very exhausting. The community is too big already and very chaotic, so many people post hands etc. it is not overviewable.
Pro: Established in the business, Bencb is machine, lots of youtube content, the content itself is great, community meetups (for some$Ks), podcasts, webinars

2. Upswing:
Contra: No accompaniment/guidance, the facebook group is ridiculous and you are left alone with the content. It is extremely boring to watch, I cannot do longer than 5min becuse Nicki P has so monotone voice and only goes through PIO all the time.
Pro: The content itself is great and Nick goes quite in depth w everything.

3. Pokercode:
Contra: They're quite new in the business and so might not have everything set up like youtube content or social media or similar things. Also, it is shorter than other courses but they just added over 3hrs of material which is the most advanced I have ever seen (Igor's Toy Games) and the course itself is very logical and strategical and there is not a single second wasted which is very great and efficient. Consistent logics helped me a lot develop solid understanding and not going from one spot to another but rather understand logics to apply on any spot given.
Pro: Interactive learning model w quizzes and note taking, by far the best platform to experience (similar to Netflix), the best community because it is very well structured, overviewable and still new so everyone is highly motivated. Getting answered every single question by Fedor, Matthias and Igor is itself worth the bucks alone IMO. The lectures are by far the greatest to watch and if you are a very good player already there's far more value in discussion, community and the weekly coachings Igor just started to give that you get nowhere else in that regard. There won't be a blue magic pill for you anyways. Also, they have deals on primed mind and HRC if you are thinking of using those.

Overall, I loved all products and don't regret buying any of them. If you imagine to have a hard time learning w pio itself only or powerpoint I would go with Pokercode. They are a motivated community and no matter what others say, the content is great. Igor's interactive coachings are awesome and they are on and forward developing the platform even further, offering features like quiz, glossary and notes you don't have anywhere else. If you want to be "save" hence go to industry leaders I think both RYE and Upswing is fine, depends on if you value community or not and also the content to get updated, either way or the other.

Hope this helps, here is also other thread about Pokercode:
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/101/coaching-advice/poker-code-fedor-matthias-new-site-1747175/

All three give money back so no downside in testing any out.
Also Pokercode has 7 free lectures on landing page to look into it.

Stephan