Run it twice?

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars has the option RUN IT TWICE for cash games.
(the remaining community cards will be dealt twice in an all-in situation)

Any thoughts on why to enable this or not?

It should reduce the variance, but also gives your opponent more chance to win when activated?

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was play cash games hold'em I usually used this options. RIT sequrity ur push on the turn or river and in the flop almost always deal the pot.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's more of a "social" aspect to poker. A lot of home games and chummy games will run it 2x or even 3x just to help liven the game up a bit. I personally don't do it unless I'm in a pot with a good friend and I know his wife will be pissed if he loses, lol.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It Reduces the varience it's something i have never chosen to use online.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have it on - if you and your opponent are a race to win, you know you have a good 75% chance to win at least one of the pots. Also prevents you from being completely sucked out on when your dominating hand gets beaten by a weaker hand that you can never contemplate playing in that position.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never used this option only because have not gotten the opportunity. But have seen it on tv and seems better than running it once.

bonekeeper

bonekeeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Run it twice means the better hand will win in the end, let's say you play in a cg and you have a better hand, worst case scenario you loose 1 hand and split the pot, but also have the chanse of winning the whole thing. It's a profitable move in the long run to have it enabled as it takes away the variance.

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never agreed with this infact the first thing i do before playing cash game is take this off/ make sure its de activated i just think you made the decision to go all in live with it if you lose if your ahead and lucky doing so i believe if you have any less than AA or KK you stand to lose in the run it twice you gotta be lucky to win both times ... just my opinion :)

robert