The Right Playing Style?

Rain92

Rain92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing tight early stages has helped me. Most micro players don't mind spending tons of chips to see the flop so only play premium hands until the blinds are up and less people so your chance of winning is more.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on:

The buy-in amount
Lower entry fees lead to weaker players which means more Level 1 play. Make strong hands, stick all your chips in, grow your stack or get knocked out and start again.

Stack sizes in relation to blinds
Tournament just start? Then you probably shouldn't be 3b jamming all in with your A8. You're going to be way better off playing tight right now. But down to 10bb's jamming that A8 seems like a no-brainer right? Well you just got more aggressive as your range widened based on changes in game conditions.

Stage of tournament
Similar to last, early on I prefer a tight approach. If I win a few hands great, I'm more looking to stay alive. As the bubble approaches I'm looking to open up my game, and try to accumulate chips as players try to survive to know they made the money.

There's tons of other factors that will influence my decision, but it really does just depend

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight in the early phase.And open up a bit to steal some blind in the middle phase.

thecpkid

thecpkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It just depends on who you're playing against and their game. Just stay away from big pots early, regardless of how good your hand is

G

GDZzz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tourneys I play really nitty early, one I get a feel for how my table is I'll open up my range a little bit if they are tighter and steal some pots from late position. If my opponents are loose aggressive I avoid confrontations without premium holdings.

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think dont have rigth playing style, you need use all styles in differents situations.

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me , i always try to go with no style of playing. Rather i focus on going with my surrounding and depending on the situation. The harder the tournament, the harder youll have to focus. For my play, its allways been on the approach of using defensive tactic and counter attacks.