Reviewing Hands

C

Cooron

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Been playing poker off and on and just decided to take things to the next level. I've started lurking around several forums but I haven't been able to find the answer to my questions so I'd thought I'd create my own post!

So I use PT4 and I have about 30k hands I could go off over from the past couple of years. How would I go about reviewing the hands? I have seen and heard people talk about ranges and calculating equity and odds but is there like a core set of things that I should be focusing on for every hand I review and then branch into certain subtopics?

I understand it's a very vague question and I've watch videos of people but there's a lot that's assumed so to me it's like "ok awesome that I get to see what you did there but what did you just do in flopzilla for the 2 seconds you had it up????"

I hope you guys could help me out with this because I feel like I have a lot of information and topics swimming in my head but I have no idea how to string them together.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best thing to do is to post some hands you have questions to in the cash game hand analysis section or tournament section.Then you can get clear answers to questions other wise it's all going to be very vague.So just go through data base and pick out hands you have questions to maybe filter for pots over 50bb or something.And then you can get some advise on the lines your taking in pots.

C

Cooron

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you! I’ll certainly post some. I have a couple potential bad beats of getting beat by full houses while having nut flushes and I’d certainly like to see if there was any way of getting away from the hand without setting myself up to exploitation.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id certainly be happy to review them for you once posted.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hands will always depend on you playing your position on the table the size of your stack of how the people at the table are behaving strong hands do not always win at the hands of garbage or weak but mathematically always there more possibilities if lost with strong hands against weak hands or rubbish the possibilities and maths will at some point bear fruit
:bebored:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands