Returning after a short forced break

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dropped my Laptop on the floor at the start of the year and its taken about five weeks for the insurance to 'repair' it (they've actually bought me a new Laptop so I'm not complaining anymore though).

As a result I've not played any Poker since just before Christmas and I now need to reinstall everything on my Laptop.

If you've been away for a little while, when you start playing again do you play any differently in case you're rusty, or do you just play your game as normal?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a long break in the game, I look through the hands I played before the game, check my statistics on opponents and gradually get into action.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dropped my Laptop on the floor at the start of the year and its taken about five weeks for the insurance to 'repair' it (they've actually bought me a new Laptop so I'm not complaining anymore though).

As a result I've not played any Poker since just before Christmas and I now need to reinstall everything on my Laptop.

If you've been away for a little while, when you start playing again do you play any differently in case you're rusty, or do you just play your game as normal?

I tend to start out playing a little bit more 'solid' when i first come back.

As i play more, watch more, get more reps in I start to feel the 'flow' of the game per say.

I don't like to go too hard right out of the game because sometimes I end up making reckless plays. But the feel and instinct come back fairly quickly, just don't need to be in a rush.

Let the game play itself thru you, there's no need to force the action!

Go out there and get stackin ;)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why play differently when you played well. If you played badly then you need to learn the game.

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I come back after a break, I try to play more calmly and carefully. Sometimes I go down to a lower limit.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
New software install should give you some run-good! Couple months off shouldn't be a problem.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you were playing a good solid game, there should be no need to adjust your game.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it's often helpful after long breaks to play a fast-fold format, so that certain automatisms return faster and I get confidence in my game faster again.

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a break in the game, I usually play better afterwards. During the break, you rethink your game and mistakes, so I think everyone needs a break from time to time.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never had a big break from poker but I think that I will continue to play poker again without any amendments.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's much like riding a bicycle....you never really lose it....just pay attention and consider your actions carefully and you'll be just fine :)

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I like to play freerolls and small micro stakes to get back into the game. Like I'll preference less than 50 cents USD to get started then slowly work back to $1 - $3 USD

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe should take a break!

After a break in the game, I usually play better afterwards. During the break, you rethink your game and mistakes, so I think everyone needs a break from time to time.
You know I think will need a break soon it seems I’m doing a lot a bad decisions lately ! Might be a good idea to take a break and have a new start not sure if I got to play different maybe just a few way to look at certain way too play some hand ! Me I always try to remember how certain hands where played before not sure it’s a good idea maybe just play looser! Take a break and refresh my brain 🤣!

BlindThieve420

BlindThieve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got back to playing poker, and still have the same playing style.

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will have to drop my lab top top!

I was supposed to take a break to but only took one day off ! Just can’t resist playing a few tournaments every day probably will have to drop my lab top or loose my mobile phone 🤔🤣

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's mainly in the mind. You think you will play rusty and unlucky then that will probably happen. if you don't then it wont. Also you can take a break and come back playing better or worse depending on you. Also take no break and play good or bad depending on your state of mind. For the most part taking a break is good if you use it to rest and straighten your mind a bit and relax. If you dont then it probably wont help. The "want" to play poker, enthusiasm part of it has a lot to playing well do sometimes taking a break so you build that passion back up is a good thing.