Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

I already told you that about four or five months ago I am playing online poker and that 10 years ago I played as many months (a little less than a year).
In the "old" times I remember that I played some freerolls of Omaha and, although I remember little and nothing how this modality was played, I am looking forward to returning, since I play quite a lot the freeroll "on demmand" in ACR and on Saturdays the they are from Omaha and not from Holdem.
Since I really like this room and I want to play sit and go and low buy in tournaments there, I need to have a bankroll of at least $ 300 or something else (my management for sits is 200 buy in and the lowest is $ 1, 50.-) and therefore I thought that missing the Saturday freerolls made no sense.
So I go back to Omaha, I guess to Pot Limit (I don't remember the difference with Hi-Lo).
I insist, I remember very little but I will review concepts and on Saturday I will begin. I'll tell you how it goes.

Of course any advice will be well received.

Thanks for always being there.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

I already told you that about four or five months ago I am playing online poker and that 10 years ago I played as many months (a little less than a year).
In the "old" times I remember that I played some freerolls of Omaha and, although I remember little and nothing how this modality was played, I am looking forward to returning, since I play quite a lot the freeroll "on demmand" in ACR and on Saturdays the they are from Omaha and not from Holdem.
Since I really like this room and I want to play sit and go and low buy in tournaments there, I need to have a bankroll of at least $ 300 or something else (my management for sits is 200 buy in and the lowest is $ 1, 50.-) and therefore I thought that missing the Saturday freerolls made no sense.
So I go back to Omaha, I guess to Pot Limit (I don't remember the difference with Hi-Lo).
I insist, I remember very little but I will review concepts and on Saturday I will begin. I'll tell you how it goes.

Of course any advice will be well received.

Thanks for always being there.

Thank U 4 Posting

Hello again.

Ok some important PLO PLO8 tips.

Basics
You must use 2 cards from your hand. Not 1 not 3 not play the board.
In plo8 we make a low hand and a high hand the low hand is 8 or lower hence the name.
We can use different 2 card combos in PLO8 for high and low.
Each hand gets 50% the pot. If 2 players get the low pot then it 25% each.
You do not want to lose high and tie for low with the high winner.

EG Our hand Ac2d8c8s Our low would use A2 or even sometimes A8 our high we could then use Ac8c for a flush or 88 for sets and full houses etc.

If the board were to come A25 6 3 our low would be A2356 we would lose to a player holding A4 there low would be A2345. That player would also have a straight for high hand while we had 2 pair A2.
If that other player A2K6 they would win high A6 2 pair and tie us for low A2356.

PLO and PLO8 are nuts by the river type of games. The boards can change so dramatically turn and river that we can flop bottom set and not want to bet it at all.

In PLO Jc10c9h8h has 46% equity vs AsAdQd2c - 7c6c5h4h has 47%

If 2 villains have AsAdQd2c and AhAcKh3h -Jc10c9h8h still has 46% equity

Knowing the above equities is the key to PLO

Hope this helps
:):)

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting

Hello again.

Ok some important PLO PLO8 tips.

Basics
You must use 2 cards from your hand. Not 1 not 3 not play the board.
In plo8 we make a low hand and a high hand the low hand is 8 or lower hence the name.
We can use different 2 card combos in PLO8 for high and low.
Each hand gets 50% the pot. If 2 players get the low pot then it 25% each.
You do not want to lose high and tie for low with the high winner.

EG Our hand Ac2d8c8s Our low would use A2 or even sometimes A8 our high we could then use Ac8c for a flush or 88 for sets and full houses etc.

If the board were to come A25 6 3 our low would be A2356 we would lose to a player holding A4 there low would be A2345. That player would also have a straight for high hand while we had 2 pair A2.
If that other player A2K6 they would win high A6 2 pair and tie us for low A2356.

PLO and PLO8 are nuts by the river type of games. The boards can change so dramatically turn and river that we can flop bottom set and not want to bet it at all.

In PLO Jc10c9h8h has 46% equity vs AsAdQd2c - 7c6c5h4h has 47%

If 2 villains have AsAdQd2c and AhAcKh3h -Jc10c9h8h still has 46% equity

Knowing the above equities is the key to PLO

Hope this helps
:):)

Hello Friend.

These days I have little time, but I'm thinking of putting together a preflop table to play Omaha.
Your advice, as always, excellent and invaluable, have no doubt that they serve me and much.
I will tell you about my first forays into the specialty.

Thank you very much for being there.