My relation with pocket cards 10 and J

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 J variegated can collect the different street combinations. Cards 7,8,9 - 8,9,Q-9,Q,K and of course Q.K.A approach. 4 combinations.

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play J10s on position , cause it really can hit so many good flops , and crack so many good hands/bad players ;)

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love almost any suited connectors starting with 78 in position. They are great to see a flop with, or open the pot with and play very well post flop. If you have the stack and the drive, play them! Everyones style is different, you dont have to go crazy with them or be extremely aggressive with them, but they are most definitely beneficial in position.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right on, Jon Poker.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hand you can play from any position, and sometimes it will be even better to open such hand against AQ ofs or even AK ofs in EP ;-)

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hand you can play from any position, and sometimes it will be even better to open such hand against AQ ofs or even AK ofs in EP ;-)

I love almost any suited connectors starting with 78 in position. They are great to see a flop with, or open the pot with and play very well post flop. If you have the stack and the drive, play them! Everyones style is different, you dont have to go crazy with them or be extremely aggressive with them, but they are most definitely beneficial in position.

10 J variegated can collect the different street combinations. Cards 7,8,9 - 8,9,Q-9,Q,K and of course Q.K.A approach. 4 combinations.

Situational question. Assuming chips are even. Cash or MTT, but if MTT it's mid-late stage. HYour J10s on Bb, someone in LP raises 2-3Bb. Let us say you call. Flop is 9/10/Q rainbow. You check and they raise a substantial amount. So here i assume they have Atleast high pair and trying to push off the draw, but maybe a bluff or set. Not a problem if the draw hits. Do you fold? If not, how do you respond. Really sucks if they're on KJ. How does this change if you're drawing on a flush as well?

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without doubt is a combo that is in my range, whenever you hit a flop is a good chance to extract chips

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly going to see a flop from the BB with J10s - no brainer for me given that situation. And if the flop comes out that good for me...im surely not folding the flop. Why play J10 to catch a flop like that just to fold it? Even a good player trying to protect AA, KK or even QQ should realize this is a dangerous board texture that it way more likely to benefit the BB range than their own. Im especially slowing down with an overpair if i go 3/4 pot or better and get called quickly...just makes sense.

But anyhow, yeah with that board and J10 im going nowhere in most scenarios...i think i call even if they bet 1.5x pot but that being said thats just me. I play hands to hit flops, not to just snap fold them after i do.

Edit: these are spots you dream about...catch an 8 on the turn and stack QQ or better :) hands like this when you realize your equity really come in handy in building your chip stack. Good luck

F

franknavin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play it early in tournaments...auto fold later unless in a blind.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I like that hand in late position as it has so different chances to hit or draw on the flop.