Recreational Players

K

karkachi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends, I would like to know some tips for playing against recreational players, as they often open hands and like to see the flop.

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play some more premium hands.

If they are often seeing the flop then they have a super wide range of cards and can pretty much have anything on the board each time.

This means they could be playing a lot of A2-3s, K8, 4-7, etc.

Playing premium hands will allow you to take advantage of this since If you see the flop with say Ace-Jack and you hit the board, but they have an ace-X card as well. You will likely have the stronger Ace and win a good amount of chips from betting since he isn’t folding that ace but doesn’t realize an A3 is relatively weak and will lose to just about every other A-X card.

Of course if they call to the river then shove there’s the possibility that they just hit a mister hand and want all your chips now. I’ve called enough times to see this as an often scenario.

Them checking often postflop will also likely tell you when they don’t have anything or they would be betting because they’ll think they have the best hand with only a pair

Just some experience I’ve had against these players

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get in cheap and play as many hands as you can with at least decent cards. Most of these players will call a lot of chips with 2nd or 3rd pair. Trying to bluff players like this is generally a bad plan. Lose small and win big.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Punish them pre flop in position, increase pre flop raise size. You'll get a TON of value pre since they wont 3 bet enough, they will still call with weak Aces and broadway hands. You'll be playing a larger pot in position since you sized larger pre. Value bet them to death and do not slow play your strong hands. Don't double barrel without good equity. Three bet their pre flop raises with premium hands, they will still defend too wide.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Write them nice words in the chat so they want to come back.:)

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on my stack... I play on that way sometimes hahaha

But usually playing tight.... So... when I see that kind of player... I choose the right hand... a strong ... and try to take some chips before the flop...

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on what type of recreational players you are dealing with. For specifically dealing with loose live players here's a little video I put together :)