Real Books (actual physical ones)

T

Tony0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have got jury duty coming up and think I wont be able to have electronics.

During restful breaks from performing my civic duty to the max... I would like to buy a few paperbacks to get some studying in.

I am a beginner playing just over 2 months.

Had a quick look on amazon & ebay but seems to be a lot of stuff that is likely to be outdated.

Has anyone read an actual real life poker book that is any good?

Any format cash, tourney whatever don't mind. Only interested in no limit holdem though.

T

Tony0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think I could read a Taleb book. Very smart man but his writing is awful.

S

Solarx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest you to go on thriftbook.com as you can search for cheap poker books. Some of them cost under 5 dollars! Or you could print from pdfdrive.

My personal opinion is these books helped me to build the foundation:

1. Harrington Vol 1. Vol.2, and Vol.3 Vol.3 is a workbook which I think is helpful compared to expensive 1000 dollars online tutoring. I love Harrington's writing and format style making his books easier to read compared to other books.

2. Mental Game of Poker by Jared Tendler. It's a great book to read and helped me to understand that VARIANCE is part of game and how to embrace it instead of going on the tilt.

I brought Slanksy's Theory of Poker since it cost me like 2 bucks. I cldn't finished it because it's very dry and he talks about different poker games which I was only interest in NL poker. Someone from this forum typed the cliff of Theory of Poker so check it out.