Reading your opponent

S

Silix00

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Studying your opponent is hard but it definitely pays off in the long run.

M

miley17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U need to watch. Watch how ur opponents play due the hand. To they bluff often, on what they raise and so on. U need to think - ex.:
There are Kh 10s 2h on flop. U Have A K. He raises 4BB and u call or raise and he calls. Turn is 4c. He raises more u re-raise, he still calls. Last card is "3h" and u wonder when he goes all in- does he have Flush or not? In this case u need to think how he played before and so. Most of the times in this case ppl bluff that they have flush. My opinion. So i always call in this case. 80% of the times i win :)
And he has nothing :)

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I have no one could read. I did not always know what will do in the next second.

Sober or drunk the way I play differently. So what I do is impossible to read

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lauraPOKER

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most accurate information one can gather about opponents is the cards they turn over at the showdown. That hand they show is esential to define their player profile

You may start by Reading showdown cards, cards every plaer turn over.
Then, the preflop betting, and the bets afterflop.

Pay attention to just that, you will gain info from each player you study.

So I've been playing a bunch of live free rolls around town and a lot of online tournaments. I know people always say to read your opponent but I can't get a feel most of the time. What are some tricks yall use in order to read your opponent?

Drunk or sober, in the end you will have a pattern, that will connect with what the flop shows

Sober or drunk the way I play differently. So what I do is impossible to read

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker tells

To read an opponent, I analyze his actions before, the size of his raise, and his actions in the previous hands in a similar situation, then I can assume what about my opponent's hand and can act accordingly.

Past actions are the best tells and work in Live or on-line. Some players are extremely predicatable and hardly change their betting style at all. Keep an eye out for these players. If you only find two or three at a table, that is enough to make it very profitable for you.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Reading your opponent its really difficult its skill ,its experience ,its observation of your opponents, bluffs ,bingo players you can meet and how you read them? i guess you need time to see how they play ,the bets they do ... Sometimes you cant read your opponent..

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In frerrols it not maybe, if you played offline with professionals then and here players constantly change and I play with any hands.

bprpm

bprpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live we are looking for tells, the way that player look at cards, how is sit, we play with chips and when we have a goodhand he stop.... we talks a lot but in some hand e shut up then with the way they plays we can put him in some groups.... That will help us.....
Online, just analyse the hand they play and give some notes like" open 56 utg" limpsin utg with A3, just write things that will help you in the future...

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
basically, you should read the way he play with certain letters, good or bad hand ... Look pay attention when u not playing this, how your opponent joga..se he always beta pos floop even having settled or nao..e such .. u will see the characteristics of each opponent.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful plays solely on her skillzs so that she is impossible to read, every hand is different and reading a book or two wouldn't hurt:eek: